Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cannot disable security alarm and tilt/intrusion alert?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
Simple issue. Both of these options are toggled to On but Deselected, so they cannot be turned Off.

I need to turn off Tilt/Intrusion to be able to turn on cabin overheat protection.

Car is in Park, Drive, whatever, option stays Deselected. I know it can be done since it's been done before

Answer: can only disable Tilt/Intrusion alarm, if Sentry Mode is disabled.

Very strange why, and nothing in menu suggests the link. So basically if you want to have Cabin Overheat Protection, you can't have Sentry

Answer: can only disable Tilt/Intrusion alarm, if Sentry Mode is disabled.

Very strange why, and nothing in menu suggests the link. So basically if you want to have Cabin Overheat Protection, you can't have Sentry
My take on this:

Yes that is right. If Sentry is activated, then it needs Tilt/Intrusion alarm (would not be a good sentry if it doesn't trigger the alarm when your car is broken into or taken away). And Tilt/Intrusion alarm cannot work with Overheat protection (Overheat protection blasts air in the cabin, which could trigger the Intrusion alarm by making something move).

So, to speak like an engineer:
Sentry mode ON ==> Forces Tilt/Intrusion alarm ON ==> forces Overheat protection OFF.
Sentry mode OFF ==> Allows you to choose if you want Tilt/Intrusion ON or OFF.