Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot set charge limit in v11 (Legacy Model S/X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although this "feature" of no longer being able to set the charge limit from the charging screen is being discussed in another thread, No charging options in v11 (Legacy Model S/X), it may mainly affect legacy Model S and deserves some recognition in the Model S forum. Currently with v11, the only way to set the charge limit (something I do frequently), is to to get my phone, unlock it, open the Tesla app, have it connect to my car, select charging, then try to adjust the tiny slider to 80% (or whatever). Hopefully this is recognized as a bug, or oversight, and quickly corrected.

Reactions: Wol747
Although this "feature" of no longer being able to set the charge limit from the charging screen is being discussed in another thread, No charging options in v11 (Legacy Model S/X), it may mainly affect legacy Model S and deserves some recognition in the Model S forum. Currently with v11, the only way to set the charge limit (something I do frequently), is to to get my phone, unlock it, open the Tesla app, have it connect to my car, select charging, then try to adjust the tiny slider to 80% (or whatever). Hopefully this is recognized as a bug, or oversight, and quickly corrected.
I've got the same problem, and it is a problem. I hope this was an oversight and enough users complain to Tesla for them to fix this. But...I have no idea how to complain to Tesla.

Reactions: Wol747 and QUBO
It’s obviously a bug, doesn’t effect every legacy Model S, and I doubt there’s much value in creating a duplicate thread.

I did get a good chuckle from your dramatic recitation of the serious inconvenience and massive headache associated with having to… use your phone vs. find your keys, find your slippers, trudge out to the garage, get close enough to the car for the handles to present, open the door, sit down, wait for the screen to wake up, hit controls, hit charging, and then try to adjust the tiny slider to 80% (or whatever).

Dang, I’d be mad too.

• Funny
Reactions: QUBO
It’s obviously a bug, doesn’t effect every legacy Model S, and I doubt there’s much value in creating a duplicate thread.

I did get a good chuckle from your dramatic recitation of the serious inconvenience and massive headache associated with having to… use your phone vs. find your keys, find your slippers, trudge out to the garage, get close enough to the car for the handles to present, open the door, sit down, wait for the screen to wake up, hit controls, hit charging, and then try to adjust the tiny slider to 80% (or whatever).

Dang, I’d be mad too.
I need a sarcasm tag in there somewhere, although it does bug me! In my defense, I usually set the charge limit when sitting in the car before plugging it in and rarely use the app. When we get the neuralink update, which we can buy now, and will be available soon (right after FSD), then I can just think the amount of charge I want. But then I'd have to stop thinking about what I am currently thinking about, or not, access the neuralink portal, connect to the car, think how much charge I want, confirm that it is right, then exit the portal, and then forget what I was thinking about.

I need a sarcasm tag in there somewhere, although it does bug me! In my defense, I usually set the charge limit when sitting in the car before plugging it in and rarely use the app. When we get the neuralink update, which we can buy now, and will be available soon (right after FSD), then I can just think the amount of charge I want. But then I'd have to stop thinking about what I am currently thinking about, or not, access the neuralink portal, connect to the car, think how much charge I want, confirm that it is right, then exit the portal, and then forget what I was thinking about.
I’m mostly just busting your balls. I agree, it’s a pain, and it’s sloppy work by Tesla. Of course, IMO the entire v11 update is a dumpster fire, so this is just another turd to throw on the grill.

When we get the neuralink update, which we can buy now, and will be available soon (right after FSD), then I can just think the amount of charge I want. But then I'd have to stop thinking about what I am currently thinking about, or not, access the neuralink portal, connect to the car, think how much charge I want, confirm that it is right, then exit the portal, and then forget what I was thinking about.
When we get FSD you will be too old anyway to remember any of the above and probably, if I'm anything to go by, be unable to think ....

• Funny
Reactions: QUBO