Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cant access service mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I don't have a. toolbox :( im just wondering if is easier to call Tesla and have them to reset vcfront - or try my luck with new device. or if anyone is from Boston MA with toolbox I can pay :)

I think this last update has a real problem. I did the update and my 12v has been draining nonstop and I can’t enter service mode. There is nothing wrong with my 12v
I was able to save my 12v by disconnecting the terminals doing a hard boot. Letting it sit off for a couple of seconds, then reconnecting the 12v terminals. After the Hard Reboot, the battery 12v battery started charging and I can now enter service mode again. Not a very good solution. In 5 years, that is the first time I have had that issue after an update. I did the update in a metal hangar with no Cellular data, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Reactions: Mohain
I was able to save my 12v by disconnecting the terminals doing a hard boot. Letting it sit off for a couple of seconds, then reconnecting the 12v terminals. After the Hard Reboot, the battery 12v battery started charging and I can now enter service mode again. Not a very good solution. In 5 years, that is the first time I have had that issue after an update. I did the update in a metal hangar with no Cellular data, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
So you disconnected the 12v and put it back on, hard reset the MCU (brake + scroll wheel till T shows up)?

Last edited:
I just disconnected the main power from the car (behind passenger seat)
Took off the negative terminal of the 12v, then the positive.
Waited 10 minutes.
Connected positive terminal, then negative.
Plugged back in main power disconnect.
Rebooted MCU (brake + scroll wheel)

and i still cant get in to service mode... with this update. It keeps spinning.