Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't decide whether to get EAP or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling very conflicted. Have a MY with FSD and it's fantastic and also have a M3 2021 SR+ Unicorn and I've been going back and forth on whether or not to add EAP to it before pricing jumps.

Does anyone know if having EAP or FSD keeps it's value when reselling? That's the thing I'm unsure of, how long I'll keep the 3. Probably at least another year, maybe two tops as I'd like to them upgrade to a MYP so we have two MY in the household.

What would you do?

Feeling very conflicted. Have a MY with FSD and it's fantastic and also have a M3 2021 SR+ Unicorn and I've been going back and forth on whether or not to add EAP to it before pricing jumps.

Does anyone know if having EAP or FSD keeps it's value when reselling? That's the thing I'm unsure of, how long I'll keep the 3. Probably at least another year, maybe two tops as I'd like to them upgrade to a MYP so we have two MY in the household.

What would you do?
Your question was asked yesterday:

Upvote 0
...it's fantastic...

Admit it! Stop hiding in the closet :)

According to yesterday's poll, you should be among 4.3% who favor FSD or 19.6% who favor EAP and not among the 76.1% who favor AP only.

Does anyone know if having EAP or FSD keeps it's value when reselling?
Tesla says yes. Elon Musk said the value of FSD should be around $100,000.

With that logic, you can buy a new Tesla just by buying low and sell it high.

...That's the thing I'm unsure of, how long I'll keep the 3...
Why? Don't you believe Tesla's theory of buy low sell high?

What would you do?
If you trust Tesla, then buy EAP/FSD. Otherwise, yesterday's poll would give you the answer.

Upvote 0
For myself, I would not consider it. Why? Just ordinary TACC and AP have plenty of warts. The other day, travelling down a clear two-lane 90km/hr road, car detected a non-existent 45km/hr sign. Happened multiple times over multiple days. Then there is the phantom braking (dark tree shadows on the road in front). Inadequate performance of the cameras at night so high/low beam problems, sun causing detected traffic lights to oscillate/flash between yellow and red, car swerving away from crash barriers on the right (trying to crash into truck on left) when overtaking on double lanes. Plenty of other issues reported by other customers. So, I cannot trust the most basic features, so I cannot see the more advanced stuff working properly. Maybe if they upgrade the cameras it might help. But I cannot see them doing that to existing cars. Maybe Tesla will do it for EAP and FSD customers, so maybe some hope there.

Upvote 0