Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get a quote for Tesla S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am only 20 years old. What do you think the quote will be? I think my age might be an issue in getting a quote. I have full drivers license but i have only held it for a couple of months. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'd go to one of the comparison websites and input your details into that. Then stand back and watch the computer explode ;)

Wow - just checked mine as I never really gave it a thought. Age 40, 15 years no claims, not in a dodgy area - £1097.

Will contact Direct Line as we have their select insurance for home, so will ask them about adding multi car and seeing what they can do.

Was quite painful haha, best i got was £6000 a year but will try calling some places and see if i can get that any lower.

Quite honestly I don't think that's unreasonable when you consider the risk. A hugely powerful car in the hands of an totally inexperienced driver is a claim of gigantic proportions just waiting to happen. No offense intended of the OP who's aspirations I admire :)

Just to repeat with Direct Line they have a Tesla team ... of one!
If you call in you will get a quote because "of course we can quote Teslas" and they don't know of a special Tesla line.
But you have to get through to the correct chap, else you're likely wasting your time.
I got another £250 off when I worked through the system a got to the right guy.
The clue is he knows about the AP discount where the rest of them just blank that one.
Good luck.

That said £6K is not surprising, friend of mine's son is £2K5 for a 1.4 Ford Focus and the car is worth £1K, however if they knew his driving it should really be double that).

I got another £250 off when I worked through the system a got to the right guy.
The clue is he knows about the AP discount where the rest of them just blank that one.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at insurance and the cheapest (non Direct Line) for 37yo with 11y NCD, North London is around £1100 which isn't too bad given I don't have off-street parking.