Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get delivery in 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 11/10 SR+ white/black aero AP, received call from Fremount that my car won't be delivered this year. Just curious how many people are in the same boat, and in January deliver what will be our compensation?
Did you get offered full refund of $100? I strongly suspect that something happen to the last batch of SR+. (1) Change the batch from SR+ to LR/Performance to make more money; (2) Pour SR+s which were supposed to delivery in Southern CA into Northern CA to make Musk's NYE event looks good; OR (3) Production issues (Very less likely).

Did you get offered full refund of $100? I strongly suspect that something happen to the last batch of SR+. (1) Change the batch from SR+ to LR/Performance to make more money; (2) Pour SR+s which were supposed to delivery in Southern CA into Northern CA to make Musk's NYE event looks good; OR (3) Production issues (Very less likely).

Many of Northern CA orders also got cancellation/delay mail.

I'm basing it off this estimate from Tesla website taken at the first week of December.

I'm in socal, ordered dec 3 Sr+ white stock. No Vin, call, appnt for me. Just RN number since order date. All reps keep telling me by end of year. Still trying to remain optimistic despite all the posts about the calls saying no car end of year. I hope Tesla can at least do something for us.

I think I read some posts in here that some Cali people who ordered in October who took delivery recently got a 500$ discount perhaps from the recent CARB rebate cut.

Attachments

• 1FE26010-CC42-41F6-8790-71271A3BA17B.jpeg
    1FE26010-CC42-41F6-8790-71271A3BA17B.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 92
Yes they said cancel before 31st to get the 100 back

Has anyone picked up their Model 3 SR? I am nervous now seeing so many SR+ orders canceled.
Order Date: 11/30/19.
Model 3 SR
Standard white exterior and standard black interior.
Buena Park Delivery Center
Tentative Deliver Date: 12/30/19 @ 4:30 p.m.

Yes they said cancel before 31st to get the 100 back
Thanks. Anyway I am happy to get the refund. So, only SR+ are being cancelled, not AWD/Performance regardless of location. Is that mean (1) Change the last days of production capacity from SR+ batch to LR/Performance batch to make more money; OR (2) Have not counted at all how many SR+s are needed to fulfill Oct/Nov orders? Greed or Dumb? I vote for GREED.

• Disagree
Reactions: doghousePVD
Has anyone picked up their Model 3 SR? I am nervous now seeing so many SR+ orders canceled.
Order Date: 11/30/19.
Model 3 SR
Standard white exterior and standard black interior.
Buena Park Delivery Center
Tentative Deliver Date: 12/30/19 @ 4:30 p.m.
I just got confirmation from my SA that my M3 is arriving this evening at Santa Barbara center and will be ready for pick up at 10am tomorrow 12/29/19 instead of schedule delivery 12/30/19!

SR+ Blue/ white interior 18inch wheels
Ordered 11/23/19
Vin and delivery date text 12/23/19

One of the other threads I just read was a post from someone who said they were headed back home northbound on the 5 and passed a lot of Teslas heading south. So wouldn’t surprise me if some DCs don’t know exactly what is making it’s way to them. We have heard that before.

Reactions: J.C.18
Thanks. Anyway I am happy to get the refund. So, only SR+ are being cancelled, not AWD/Performance regardless of location. Is that mean (1) Change the last days of production capacity from SR+ batch to LR/Performance batch to make more money; OR (2) Have not counted at all how many SR+s are needed to fulfill Oct/Nov orders? Greed or Dumb? I vote for GREED.

So did you request your $100 back?

One of the other threads I just read was a post from someone who said they were headed back home northbound on the 5 and passed a lot of Teslas heading south. So wouldn’t surprise me if some DCs don’t know exactly what is making it’s way to them. We have heard that before.
Agree! My car was supposed to be coming out of the factory tomorrow and is arriving to the DC tonight.

I just got confirmation from my SA that my M3 is arriving this evening at Santa Barbara center and will be ready for pick up at 10am tomorrow 12/29/19 instead of schedule delivery 12/30/19!

SR+ Blue/ white interior 18inch wheels
Ordered 11/23/19
Vin and delivery date text 12/23/19

congrats on your appointment confirmation.
I am worry about my because I bought SR 35k, cheapest one. Now that some forum mention they are getting SR + cancellation calls. I am afraid my appointment will be cancelled, since my model is the cheapest one.

Did you have MVPA and VIN ?

I had a VIN, MVPA the loan signed, money sent to Tesla, and ready to take delivery on Monday morning only to get a text from Tesla claiming they left a voicemail (they didn't) informing me that they expect my car to be built in January and need to reschedule my delivery date. No time frame, no other communication.

I was really excited about the delivery and all my close friends and family were similarly excited about my first car. I'm just really hoping I get the car within the first week of January. Having to explain to everyone that Tesla couldn't get the car to me in a reasonable amount of time after missing their original tax credit delivery date is not going to be a good look for Tesla.