TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't get delivery in 2019

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Fintrak, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fintrak

Fintrak Member

Ordered 11/10 SR+ white/black aero AP, received call from Fremount that my car won't be delivered this year. Just curious how many people are in the same boat, and in January deliver what will be our compensation?

• Disagree x 2
  2. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

Did you have MVPA and VIN ?

3. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I think it’s limited to the last batch of SR+ models. Something must have gone wrong in the factory and backed them up.

4. Thumpernator

Thumpernator Member

Just curious, but why do you think you're due compensation? The Order info doesn't promise a delivery date.

• Like x 2
  5. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Well, they did say on the website that if you order by December 8th they would delivery by year end. Maybe the word guaranteed was not in there, but the statement was pretty clear.

• Like x 4
  6. ayb11

ayb11 Member

I got the same call today, 11/24 white/black 19’s in Burbank. Scheduled for the 30th but was told today it won’t happen. Never got a Vin.

7. Krytron

Krytron Member

Did you get offered full refund of $100? I strongly suspect that something happen to the last batch of SR+. (1) Change the batch from SR+ to LR/Performance to make more money; (2) Pour SR+s which were supposed to delivery in Southern CA into Northern CA to make Musk's NYE event looks good; OR (3) Production issues (Very less likely).

• Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

Many of Northern CA orders also got cancellation/delay mail.

9. jasonanthony

jasonanthony Member

I'm basing it off this estimate from Tesla website taken at the first week of December.

I'm in socal, ordered dec 3 Sr+ white stock. No Vin, call, appnt for me. Just RN number since order date. All reps keep telling me by end of year. Still trying to remain optimistic despite all the posts about the calls saying no car end of year. I hope Tesla can at least do something for us.

I think I read some posts in here that some Cali people who ordered in October who took delivery recently got a 500$ discount perhaps from the recent CARB rebate cut.

Attached Files:

10. Fintrak

Fintrak Member

I have none of them

11. Fintrak

Fintrak Member

Yes they said cancel before 31st to get the 100 back

12. anitaguo27

anitaguo27 Member

Has anyone picked up their Model 3 SR? I am nervous now seeing so many SR+ orders canceled.
    Order Date: 11/30/19.
    Model 3 SR
    Standard white exterior and standard black interior.
    Buena Park Delivery Center
    Tentative Deliver Date: 12/30/19 @ 4:30 p.m.

13. Krytron

Krytron Member

Thanks. Anyway I am happy to get the refund. So, only SR+ are being cancelled, not AWD/Performance regardless of location. Is that mean (1) Change the last days of production capacity from SR+ batch to LR/Performance batch to make more money; OR (2) Have not counted at all how many SR+s are needed to fulfill Oct/Nov orders? Greed or Dumb? I vote for GREED.

• Disagree x 1
  14. J.C.18

J.C.18 Member

I just got confirmation from my SA that my M3 is arriving this evening at Santa Barbara center and will be ready for pick up at 10am tomorrow 12/29/19 instead of schedule delivery 12/30/19!

SR+ Blue/ white interior 18inch wheels
    Ordered 11/23/19
    Vin and delivery date text 12/23/19

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  15. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Great news - Congrats !!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

One of the other threads I just read was a post from someone who said they were headed back home northbound on the 5 and passed a lot of Teslas heading south. So wouldn’t surprise me if some DCs don’t know exactly what is making it’s way to them. We have heard that before.

• Like x 1
  17. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

So did you request your $100 back?

18. J.C.18

J.C.18 Member

Agree! My car was supposed to be coming out of the factory tomorrow and is arriving to the DC tonight.

19. anitaguo27

anitaguo27 Member

congrats on your appointment confirmation.
    I am worry about my because I bought SR 35k, cheapest one. Now that some forum mention they are getting SR + cancellation calls. I am afraid my appointment will be cancelled, since my model is the cheapest one.

20. Zayd

Zayd Member

I had a VIN, MVPA the loan signed, money sent to Tesla, and ready to take delivery on Monday morning only to get a text from Tesla claiming they left a voicemail (they didn't) informing me that they expect my car to be built in January and need to reschedule my delivery date. No time frame, no other communication.

I was really excited about the delivery and all my close friends and family were similarly excited about my first car. I'm just really hoping I get the car within the first week of January. Having to explain to everyone that Tesla couldn't get the car to me in a reasonable amount of time after missing their original tax credit delivery date is not going to be a good look for Tesla.