Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get delivery in 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
congrats on your appointment confirmation.
I am worry about my because I bought SR 35k, cheapest one. Now that some forum mention they are getting SR + cancellation calls. I am afraid my appointment will be cancelled, since my model is the cheapest one.
Thanks! I would say if you have a vin and a schedule delivery appointment You stand a good chance of getting a car by EOY!

Ordered LR-AWD beginning of December, I changed it a few days later to the SR+ Supposed to pick up in Marina del Rey which was a little weird because I live right near Burbank, and now here we are a few days away and it doesn't look good. No VIN number yet.

Will be interesting to see if they lower the price of the car $1,800 to make up for the no more tax credit. They seem to have done that every time this happens, if not I may just cancel the order.

I was driving back from San Diego yesterday and saw for truck loads of Tesla's south on the five

Only option for OP would be to change their order to accept a configuration that can make EOY delivery.

Tesla is going to be experiencing tremendous positive cash flow this Quarter. All the cars they previously shipped to Europe/Asia are now being delivered, plus all the loaners and American cars from stock are being delivered, along with every car currently coming off the assembly line. Billions of $$$ of vehicles being converted to cash for the company.

After the first of the year, most all production will again be used to rebulld stockpiles for the crazy demand in Asia/Europe, plus restocking the loaner and demo fleet.

Tesla will be once again running hard to fill the demand for it's amazing cars. As China comes on line and volume ramps up, this should take some of the load off.

2020 should see the beginning of Model Y and perhaps even the Cybertruck and New Coupe. Demand should continue to exceed production capability.

Would not be surprised to see Tesla re-price many of it's configurations to tamp down demand and maintain acceptable delivery times from order. This will also allow them additional profits to pay down some of their loans instead of needing to refinance the loans as they come due.

• Informative
Reactions: Ron Johnson
I ordered Model 3 Long Range White Interior with delivery in Palm Springs on 10/22/2019. The appointment was for Saturday 12/28. Got VID on 12/26/2019. Then call on 12/27 that delivery delayed because of the snow closure of I5 over the Grapevine into LA. Delivery scheduled to today 12/29/2019.

Car arrived last night, 12/28/2019, in Palm Springs. Arrived for delivery at appointed time, 9, but car was having problems with electronics. Reboot, firmware reinstall, and other issues. Delivery delayed until further notice.

I ordered Model 3 Long Range White Interior with delivery in Palm Springs on 10/22/2019. The appointment was for Saturday 12/28. Got VID on 12/26/2019. Then call on 12/27 that delivery delayed because of the snow closure of I5 over the Grapevine into LA. Delivery scheduled to today 12/29/2019.

Car arrived last night, 12/28/2019, in Palm Springs. Arrived for delivery at appointed time, 9, but car was having problems with electronics. Reboot, firmware reinstall, and other issues. Delivery delayed until further notice.
Damn that sucks

F13227D7-75A7-4CFF-AE55-8DBCDD573FC1.jpeg
I just got confirmation from my SA that my M3 is arriving this evening at Santa Barbara center and will be ready for pick up at 10am tomorrow 12/29/19 instead of schedule delivery 12/30/19!

SR+ Blue/ white interior 18inch wheels
Ordered 11/23/19
Vin and delivery date text 12/23/19
Picked it up today!

Reactions: sceptic and SMAlset

Blue with white really is the best color in the world. Unfortunately I can't get one I used to have dreams that I died going over a cliff in a blue car so now my girlfriend won't let me get a blue car. :)

That being said I have a white with black interior SR plus on order looks like it's not happening my sales rep said he is working to find me one that is not claimed as long as I'm okay with any color. I'd like to get white with white but I would definitely consider blue with white it is so good looking