Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't go back to earlier version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While V7 contains some notable upgrades it contains a flaw which is also notable. Namely the HVAC system has a software bug where the car does not produce warm air. That's a problem when you get in a car with temps of 37F. When I contacted my SC they acknowledged it was a known problem, and suggested I simply turn the heat way up to fool the system. That worked, but then yesterday didn't. So I called the SC and they recommended shutting the car completely off and leaving it alone for 10 minutes. Inconvenient when you are trying to get to work, but it did solve the problem.

While on the phone with the SC I asked if there was any way I could bring my car in and go back to the software version that was in the car when I took delivery 2 months ago, as having reliable heat offset things like the beta version of Autopilot. The answer was no.

Not having reliable heat is a problem. I feel sorry for our Scandinavian brethren in the middle of winter.

I have not noticed this problem at all. The heating system has worked just fine for me. Does this only affect certain cars?
Unknown, although I thought it affected most or all cars, anyway it sure affects mine. I have to use HI to do what 24-26 used to do, and the second push on the defrost (icon is red) sends out cold air, when it used to send out hot air.

I worried about this problem after reading the comments on here, but after driving in freezing rain at 37º yesterday from SoCal to Las Vegas, with the heat at 75º which is where I also keep the a/c, it provided warm air just fine and also defrosted the windows and windshield immediately. I also find the Next Gen seat heaters perfectly adequate. Maybe it is car-specific?