Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't have accessories waiting for you when picking up a new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you think I was a little harsher in tone than you would prefer when explaining a situation that anyone would agree is frustrating? That makes it okay to be mean?

No I get why you don't like the responses. I was just trying to say, the tone of the original post might result in diametrically opposed responses, because it's a public forum people do that. That's why I suggested something like /venting at the end often resonates with others and softens things up - because everyone has those moments where something peeves them and they rant to get it off their chest.

It would have been as prudent for responders realize you are venting.

I just waited 7 weeks for a ~$50 repeater camera that was dead the day I picked up the car, with pretty much no one who actually cared or could help me to talk to. Ended up buying a replacement on eBay at my expense, to get me by while I waited for Tesla to get their act together. I find that highly unacceptable and I ranted similarly and noted it was a rant.

That said, enjoy your Tesla, the moment you show up and get into it and realize it really is yours, this particular problem will likely fade into the background. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: O-Knee Chan
I hope your road trip works out for you. Sometimes with new deliveries we discover some bugs or malfunctioning components that need to be serviced after a few hundred miles of driving around. It’s not a big deal when you are just driving around locally and there is a service center nearby. But if you are on a long stretch of road where there is no Tesla service center within hundreds of miles you could find yourself in a challenging situation.

At a minimum I would be taking a tire inflator and patch kit, and a J1772 charging adapter for non-Tesla chargers. Your trip is certainly going to be quite an adventure. Please let us know how it’s going once you start.

It must be hit or miss. My sales advisor asked me to ship accessories to his attention so that they would be installed and ready upon delivery. Exactly what you requested. Perhaps it’s up to the individual stores. Not an unreasonable request for a $50k+ investment. But it shouldn’t be an expectation.

I just waited 7 weeks for a ~$50 repeater camera that was dead the day I picked up the car, with pretty much no one who actually cared or could help me to talk to. Ended up buying a replacement on eBay at my expense, to get me by while I waited for Tesla to get their act together. I find that highly unacceptable and I ranted similarly and noted it was a rant.

When I read this, I thought I had written it. This is/was my exact experience. It's been 7-8 weeks and I'm still waiting for a replacement repeater -- but the lack of interest in getting it fixed on Tesla's part prompted me to buy one from eBay. Worked perfectly and I've been NoA'ing ever since.