Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Scan QR Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ordering my MYP the Tesla website is asking me to scan a QR code to verify my identity. However my Samsung Galaxy S10+ camera app is not recognizing the QR code. 🤔

Has anyone else run into this problem and how did you solve it?

FWIW, there is an option to "Verify in Person" or something like that. With much trepidation I clicked it, and was taken to a page where I could upload pictures of my driver's license and fill out some other fields. After clicking that link I couldn't find any way to get back to the Persona method of verification, which was kind of annoying. Anyway I gave them the info they asked for, and that was it - not sure where the "in-person" part comes in, unless that happens on delivery day. 🤨

After ordering my MYP the Tesla website is asking me to scan a QR code to verify my identity. However my Samsung Galaxy S10+ camera app is not recognizing the QR code. 🤔

Has anyone else run into this problem and how did you solve it?
On my IPhone when I scan a QR code I am directed to open Safari to access that website.
Try rebooting your phone to see if that helps.
FWIW when visiting the local Tesla SC for test driving and prior to my purchase, they advised me when ready to place my order, do it from the SC rather than doing it on line. They did take my drivers license and uploaded it. They made the process quite easy for me doing it on their computer in the SC. If a SC is not too far away from you perhaps you should just go there, do another test drive, and ask all the questions that you might have?
On my last visit to the Lawrenceville, NJ location I brought our two largest suitcases just to see how much room they took up and how they fit into the Model Y. Very well I might add.
So excited while waiting for my VIN and delivery.

We have a PW and want to connect it to my Tesla account with my M3-

We have Pw connects to my wife’s Tesla account on the app at the moment.

When I tried to connect to my account I tried to scan QR code on the gateway and it didn’t work so tried to clean it but the entire QR code just rubbed off - it’s two years old but the ink just came off

Any ideas how I can connect it to
My account without a QR code??