Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Codes in Google Ads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend went to purchase an MYP the other day and had someone else's referral code already cached. Luckily he caught it before he placed his order and changed it. He said he never clicked on a referral link to his knowledge. So I did a little digging and found google ads are being rendered with referral codes (pic attached - I googled 'Telsa Model Y'). I was able to see this only on my iphone safari browser in private mode. I refreshed it a few times and got different referral links (one showed a person who already had 5 referrals). Folks are bidding to get priority. Just a heads up when you refer someone to clear their cache/cookies. Per their terms and conditions, they will disqualify anyone doing this. It shouldn't be too hard for one of their engineers to write a script to pull down all the referral codes from the google ad API and withhold the points, but I have no idea how to contact anyone in the referral dept.

Attachments

• Ad.jpg
    Ad.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.