Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Capital One - Tesla Effect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you should have posted this in a higher traffic area of the site. Maybe the model 3 forum, since I think it's mainly related to model 3.

Here is the actual capital one article, which in my opinion is a better read than CleanTechnica's take on it.
{{ngMeta.title}} (i apparently didn't do this link correctly, but it seem to go to the article correctly)

I found this extremely interesting. I'm not in the market for a used luxury car, but I'm super curious how noticeable this is for people who are in the market.

I also found the comments about what constitutes "luxury" for new buyers to be spot on. There have been many comments recently about how the model 3 isn't a "luxury" car, but an econobox with an expensive battery. I felt that was wrong, but had a hard time articulating why.

I think the take that "luxury" is starting to mean "technology" is the right take.

The article presents some actual early evidence of what this shift is meaning to the competition.