Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Capital One - Tesla Effect

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I think you should have posted this in a higher traffic area of the site. Maybe the model 3 forum, since I think it's mainly related to model 3.

Here is the actual capital one article, which in my opinion is a better read than CleanTechnica's take on it.
{{ngMeta.title}} (i apparently didn't do this link correctly, but it seem to go to the article correctly)

I found this extremely interesting. I'm not in the market for a used luxury car, but I'm super curious how noticeable this is for people who are in the market.

I also found the comments about what constitutes "luxury" for new buyers to be spot on. There have been many comments recently about how the model 3 isn't a "luxury" car, but an econobox with an expensive battery. I felt that was wrong, but had a hard time articulating why.

I think the take that "luxury" is starting to mean "technology" is the right take.

The article presents some actual early evidence of what this shift is meaning to the competition.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC