Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Damages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I had recently picked up my 2023 M3 LR and was driving on the highway when randomly, I heard a scraping sound. The sound seems to have come from the underside of the car, so I parked the car and checked the underside of the car for any damages. Turns out one of the plastic latches/covers under the car had ripped off while driving. I had already scheduled a mobile service but was wondering if this is a big issue or if I even need to go through with the mobile service. I posted 2 pictures of what the square thing should look like without damage to the plastic thing and one picture of the damaged square thing.

Attachments

• IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 67
That cover doesn't touch the ground if it's open so I am not sure I believe the scrapping on the highway story.

The plastic cover is not needed. It's a part you actually cut off with scissors to install the Tesla mud flaps. They will probably just cut the other side off to make it even now. It's not worth your time worrying about.

You are missing a screw. The screw is not really needed either but they will just put one in. Normally you would open the door, cut it off, take the screw out, put the mudguard on and put the screw back in.

Upvote 0