Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Inaccessible Via App After Some Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYP will not wake up after it sleeps. App continuously runs searching for car. I have to wake it up manually for app to connect. I bought a keyfob a while ago. Brought key fob to work and hit lock button to wake car from window then app connected. Anyone have suggestions? Software 2022.28.2. iPhone 13 with iOS16.0.2 and Tesla app is current.

My MYP will not wake up after it sleeps. App continuously runs searching for car. I have to wake it up manually for app to connect. I bought a keyfob a while ago. Brought key fob to work and hit lock button to wake car from window then app connected. Anyone have suggestions? Software 2022.28.2. iPhone 13 with iOS16.0.2 and Tesla app is current.

No suggestions other than when the car is next asleep and you can't wake it up remotely, give Tesla a call. They can see if they can connect, and then schedule service for you, most likely.

Will do and I will report back
Tesla tried to connect to car the entire day. They moved my appt to a local service center. They stated they needed to order a part…. ”connectivity board” See response below.

Attachments

• 39A5CB69-A867-4FAC-8820-C71A275B57E2.jpeg
    39A5CB69-A867-4FAC-8820-C71A275B57E2.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 737
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and brkaus
FYI here is the latest from Tesla SC. They are replacing the parts on the attached estimate, I assume, on my service visit next Friday.

Attachments

• F9B7DBB3-7BF8-47A9-8BD8-591AF1C9371B.jpeg
    F9B7DBB3-7BF8-47A9-8BD8-591AF1C9371B.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 62
Had it in yesterday they kept it over night. Still no resolution. Will Not wake up from my phone. They thought it was related to my phone and cell svc. I handed them my phone and logged out of my app and said connect my phone to another car. one of the managers cars was parked and asleep. my phone woke their car right up…… not my device issue. Brought it home as they wanted me to try changing my Tesla password as they said another app is trying to connect to my car? Changed my password still an issue. I am a little disappointed. Called them and left a message. I’m sure I have to go back.

Had it in yesterday they kept it over night. Still no resolution. Will Not wake up from my phone. They thought it was related to my phone and cell svc. I handed them my phone and logged out of my app and said connect my phone to another car. one of the managers cars was parked and asleep. my phone woke their car right up…… not my device issue. Brought it home as they wanted me to try changing my Tesla password as they said another app is trying to connect to my car? Changed my password still an issue. I am a little disappointed. Called them and left a message. I’m sure I have to go back.
At least they’re ruling things out… Let’s see what they end up suggesting.