Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Inaccessible Via App After Some Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 79382187-FCA0-45C1-BD15-807FF94ED9AE.jpeg
    79382187-FCA0-45C1-BD15-807FF94ED9AE.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 30970E9F-4561-4A34-A5C4-2751B107000C.png
    30970E9F-4561-4A34-A5C4-2751B107000C.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 83
Same here I took delivery on 6/06/22 it’s only worked for a short time.
Yep took delivery 6/3/2022. Just got off the phone with Tesla again. They couldn’t connect to the car (as expected) while it was sleeping. I woke it up and they said all looks “good” on their end and they can’t explain it. That’s their answer! I still have another service appointment open. But this is a frustration…

FYI, updated to 2022.44.2 tonight. It looks the issue may be resolved. It now wakes up at home from sleep!!
I will report back more if I see issue again.
Wow that’s great news! Interestingly, I just tried connecting to my car (on 2022.40.4.2) and it woke up! I wonder if Tesla pushed a silent fix to our cars, and it’s nothing to do with 2022.44.2? I’ll test again in the morning, to be sure…

Reactions: M109Rider
Wow that’s great news! Interestingly, I just tried connecting to my car (on 2022.40.4.2) and it woke up! I wonder if Tesla pushed a silent fix to our cars, and it’s nothing to do with 2022.44.2? I’ll test again in the morning, to be sure…
Hmmm it could be, but I know for sure, mine did not work earlier in the day. Could be it was an AT&T cell issue they resolved on their side. My SC told me that’s the service that is used for connectivity.

FYI, I tried it this morning after the car was asleep for 8 hours and it woke up just fine!

Hmmm it could be, but I know for sure, mine did not work earlier in the day. Could be it was an AT&T cell issue they resolved on their side. My SC told me that’s the service that is used for connectivity.

FYI, I tried it this morning after the car was asleep for 8 hours and it woke up just fine!
Can confirm. It’s not the update. My car now wakes without having updated, too. Just woke it up again without BT/Wi-Fi enabled. Woohoo! Also I knew Tesla could update our cars without an official software update. Sneaky.

Confirmed one more time - this is definitely fixed. I use TeslaMate so I know when the car is asleep/awake so this isn’t a case of connecting to the car when it was already awake.

Crazy it took 6 months for Tesla to address this (for me, anyway). Took delivery in June and I’ve never been able to wake the car when it’s asleep, remotely. It’s a Christmas miracle! 😅

I keep waking my car up today because I can. 😂

Oh you’re asleep now? NOT ANYMORE YOU AIN’T! 😈

I ran into this issue with software update 2023.2.0.5
When the car goes to sleep without sentry mode on, with the car on WiFi or LTE, the app loses connection to the car. No connection at all, any command would time out. Bluetooth always works to unlock and wake up the car. Connection from the app is fine when the car is awake.

Requested a Tesla mobile service. The guy checked from the car monitor and confirmed that no issue was found. The suggestion is to keep the sentry mode on at home.