Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Insurance by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1,200 with Kemper in California.

As for Tesla's insurance, logging in I get this. Where do they think I am?

Coming Soon
Tesla Insurance is now available in California. We’ll notify you when it is available in your area.

When I checked a couple days ago, I got a basic page with a notice saying they were "reworking their algorithms" :confused: Now I get the same msg as @gregd.

Reading through some of the other threads like this one, it seems the pricing is all over the place. Some are seeing lower quotes, others much higher, and others the same but with more milage.

When I checked a couple days ago, I got a basic page with a notice saying they were "reworking their algorithms" :confused: Now I get the same msg as @gregd.

Reading through some of the other threads like this one, it seems the pricing is all over the place. Some are seeing lower quotes, others much higher, and others the same but with more milage.

My guess is that people would rather buy their car insurance from the same people they bought their car from as long as they don't have to pay more. Is this true? Tesla says that you could save up to 30% which would of course be even better. For Tesla bulls I believe this is a whole new revenue stream for Tesla with positive implications for the stock. I haven't yet read any of the posts above. I was going to start a new post but I thought I would just stick it in here partly because I can't find the new post place to click.....lol.

I think they're not offering insurance for Roadsters (I know, big surprise, right?).

When I checked it out yesterday, the car info page was pre-filled with my Model 3 details and there was no option to select or enter info for another car.

I pay State Farm about 87$/month to insure the 3. Tesla Insurance was 170$/month for the same coverage, so I wasn't exactly disappointed that insuring the Roadster was not an option.

The other factor they don't seem to be taking into account is that everybody (else) gives a discount when you insure multiple things - car, house, etc. Piecemeal it out, and you end up paying more.

The other factor they don't seem to be taking into account is that everybody (else) gives a discount when you insure multiple things - car, house, etc. Piecemeal it out, and you end up paying more.
My insurance company will cancel my policy if I don't insure every car in the household with them. Not every car we own is a Tesla so it's not an option.

I just got a quote from Tesla and I’ll be saving $38 per month for the same coverage. I am currently paying $200 per month with Wawanesa. Tesla’s quote came in at $162 per month. If I opt for a $1,000 deductible, my monthly rate will go down to $150 per month.

Anything I should know before making the switch?

Thanks,

Gabriel