Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Tesla Insurance Services in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4618C574-80B9-43CB-81A9-9DE232C1284D.png

Attachments

• F11FCC61-2950-44FC-A161-B7B58430C1BA.png
    F11FCC61-2950-44FC-A161-B7B58430C1BA.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC
Tesla wants $220 more per month than my current insurance. It’s hard to get an estimate when they can’t calculate 2 Teslas and 2 Drivers. How do they even compete with bundled insurance? I was hoping they could insurance each Tesla for $60-80 month since I’m only paying $95 per car.

Reactions: focher
Tesla is good at designing cars.

They are not good at selling them, delivering them, or servicing them. Basically anything involving human interaction with customers.

So why would anyone want to give Tesla their insurance business given how bad their customer service has been with their cars?

And, as @AltLogic stated, how do you give them your auto insurance business when you also need other lines of insurance, like homeowners, umbrella, earthquake, renters, etc?

This is just another goofy idea from Elon that never should have been approved by the board.

I have to say, getting a quote at least was the easiest, most pleasant experience ever. In no small part because Tesla already has all my info so no need to spend hours typing it all in again. Quote was about $400/yr less than Geico but that was only for one car, whereas Geico is insuring 2 cars.. My insurance is massive thanks to an encounter with NY small town cops in an Enterprise rental car. Scammy courthouse told me I could pay on the spot and they would remove any points.. but they didn't...

I quickly jumped into the Tesla Insurance, previously had Geico and it jumped 70$ extra. Clean record, though my Tesla was in a very minor bumper to bumper *Geico claim not at fault* since i wasn't the driver. Loan to a buddy to try for week so i can convince him to EV. It was more like a quarter size dent on my spoiler ( coulda just pop it off ). Geico had 191$ just bought Tesla Insurance for 151

Tesla quote is 3X higher than my coverage with Travelers.

To be fair, we have all our insurance bundled with Travelers.

But most folks understand that rates are usually better when insurance is bundled.

So I'm a bit unclear why Elon thinks it's a good idea for Tesla to attempt to compete in the insurance business.

Reactions: GreenT and Tezzie
That is the key here "bundled". Tesla is just offering issuance for their cars and nothing else. Well unless your entire household drives Teslas it doesn't makes sense. Also, if you are bundled with home and life insurance under one insurer Tesla will never be able to beat that price. ELON JUST CONCENTRATE ON MAKING GREAT CARS!!!