Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car off. does not take charge. does not start.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pack temperature is controlled by the liquid system. The pack is sealed.

If the 12V was dead, you wouldn't be able to see the 2 screens as shown on this thread.

If the 12V was weak, you would see a 12V message on the screens.

12 volts is charged. the car goes, but does not charge. connected with a supercharger. the machine charges for 3 minutes, only when the stove is on, and again the charging is turned off. Turned to the service. made a diagnosis. showed such errors:

Attachments

• изображение_viber_2020-01-14_16-25-41.jpg
    изображение_viber_2020-01-14_16-25-41.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 40
Has anyone tried to set the battery heater on by either setting SuC as destination or using the +drive battery heat conditioner. I think heating the battery will benefit this situation. Especially if someone condensation got into the pack. I doubt that could happen but I certainly think that it couldn't hurt. What are you charging with? A wall connector. You might could also try attaching 12V charger on the front jumpers under the nose cone. A cold 12v might make it difficult to close the contacts to charge.

12 volts is charged. the car goes, but does not charge. connected with a supercharger. the machine charges for 3 minutes, only when the stove is on, and again the charging is turned off. Turned to the service. made a diagnosis. showed such errors:

Attachments

226.3 KB · Views: 30
She only left it for 2 days, there is a anti bricking buffer at the bottom so it should be not an issue. If there is a problem, it shouldn’t be caused by leaving a car at 5-6% charge for 2 days.

Attachments

226.3 KB · Views: 27
Has anyone tried to set the battery heater on by either setting SuC as destination or using the +drive battery heat conditioner. I think heating the battery will benefit this situation. Especially if someone condensation got into the pack. I doubt that could happen but I certainly think that it couldn't hurt. What are you charging with? A wall connector. You might could also try attaching 12V charger on the front jumpers under the nose cone. A cold 12v might make it difficult to close the contacts to charge.

It looks like he is only charging at 12A. If battery is very cold it can take many hours to heat battery to charge it.
He also shows a Fault on the Charging Cable.
Old cars don't heat the battery when routing to SuperCharger. Charging itself will turn on battery heating anyway.

Sorry you're having this issue. I think you need to take it to Tesla. It looks like your main li-ion battery might have the fault that means your car needs the improved battery. The new main li-ion batteries are supposed to be designed such that this problem shouldn't happen, including the Charging Complete message before the car has reached the charge level you set it to. I know the Model S 85 has an 8 year / unlimited mile warranty so if you have that one, you should be covered.