Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car returned to me after accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my car back last week after an accident related two month repair. I had my driver's side door replaced and I was told it might stick for a bit because of the "new seal." It is now hard to open and closing isn't always 100% until I close it for a second time, harder. Has anyone had this same experience? The car is still "calibrating" and I am not sure how long that will last. Any thoughts about the door and the calibration?

Regarding calibration, this is what the manual says (pre-refresh S):

Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles (32-40 km), but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. For example, calibration completes quicker when driving on a straight road with multiple lanes (such as a controlled- access highway), with highly-visible lane markings (in the driving lane as well as the adjacent lanes). Contact Tesla only if your Model S has not completed the calibration process after driving 100 miles (160 km) in the described conditions.