Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seats in Third Row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got our Model X yesterday! (WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!) It's a six seater and will primarily be my husband's car. But it actually fits all the kids and they love riding in it so we need some car seats!

It seems like our best seating arrangement is going to be to put the teenagers in the middle row and the 4 1/2 year old twins in the back. I've been looking but can't find an answer - what car seats work best in the third row? Ideally, something that can easily be stowed in the trunk or frunk when not in use, and where we can actually reach the buckles to strap them in....

Thanks!

We just got our Model X yesterday! (WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!) It's a six seater and will primarily be my husband's car. But it actually fits all the kids and they love riding in it so we need some car seats!

It seems like our best seating arrangement is going to be to put the teenagers in the middle row and the 4 1/2 year old twins in the back. I've been looking but can't find an answer - what car seats work best in the third row? Ideally, something that can easily be stowed in the trunk or frunk when not in use, and where we can actually reach the buckles to strap them in....

Thanks!
Whatever you get, it might be tough to get seats you want that will store in the Frunk. It just isn't that large as you know by now. I found car seats that would fit, yet didn't like the design or safety. You might need to store them in the trunk if you keep them in the car.
And I have actually had adults that sat in the far back, but I needed a can opener to get them out :D
Good luck

Thanks. Disregarding where to store them, what are two seats that will actually fit in the rear seat AND allow you to strap them in? Either 5 point harness or seat belt is fine (my boys are still under 50 lbs). With the recessed seat belts, it's a challenge!

Thanks. Disregarding where to store them, what are two seats that will actually fit in the rear seat AND allow you to strap them in? Either 5 point harness or seat belt is fine (my boys are still under 50 lbs). With the recessed seat belts, it's a challenge!

Chicco Myfit. Two will fit in the rear without any issues. Can be used as a 5 point harness or with a seat belt. We use ours with a 5 point. I have a post on here somewhere with pictures. I’ll see if I can dig them up.

Edit: here’s the link
Anyone using 3 car seats (Diono RadianRXTs?)