Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car skates or slides left to right under hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Will be interesting what they find. On a straight run I don't feel this but if I'm cornering and floor it I do.

I wish I could think of an effective way to shoot a video demonstrating the situation. If you could imagine going 20mph, keeping the wheel straight and flooring the throttle - instead of the car pulling dead straight on a line, the nose would drift left/right and need to be corrected to stay going straight.

I wish I could think of an effective way to shoot a video demonstrating the situation. If you could imagine going 20mph, keeping the wheel straight and flooring the throttle - instead of the car pulling dead straight on a line, the nose would drift left/right and need to be corrected to stay going straight.

Ok, I understand now. That's not what I'm feeling (back tires feel loose for a bit). Hopefully it is just alignment.

Ok, I understand now. That's not what I'm feeling (back tires feel loose for a bit). Hopefully it is just alignment.

Hopefully! I've been searching the heck out of this great forum and have learned something as easy as being taken off a transport truck can bump the alignment out of whack. The car was trucked from NC to FL this past week, so it needs a good inspection from Tesla Service anyway. I'm hoping to have decent news to report tomorrow.

I have the same problem, if the terrain is right. Trying to artificially reproduce it is probably hard for me, but I've definitely had those aggressive moments and I had to constantly correct my direction under hard acceleration.

look approx 80% new
I don't know how to translate this into remaining tread.

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure they check the torque on your lug nuts, as well as the tire pressures. My car had this same behavior until I re-torqued the lug nuts.
+1

Mine wasn't "bad" but it felt noticeably improved when I had them check the lugs. They said something like "10 low" and when I left the service center I floored it several times to check for a difference in feel. It was easily observable.