Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car sometimes does not shut off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP 2022 I come home park the car in the garage and go in the house with my phone. Come back out to the garage a little while later and the interior light are still on, the screen is on, and the heat is running. How do I shut it off?

Thanks,

MYP 2022 I come home park the car in the garage and go in the house with my phone. Come back out to the garage a little while later and the interior light are still on, the screen is on, and the heat is running. How do I shut it off?

Thanks,
Just checked it is still on 30 minutes later. The app does not have a turn the car off on it. I attached the charger so the battery would not go dead, and the screen did not change to the charging mode, still the map is on.

Upvote 0

Thanks,
If walk-away locking is not enabled you can lock the car from the Tesla app.

Walk-Away Door Lock​

Doors and trunks can automatically lock when you walk away carrying your phone key or paired key fob. To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Locks > Walk-Away Door Lock.
When the doors lock, the exterior lights flash once and the mirrors fold (if Fold Mirrors is on). To also hear a confirmation sound when Model Y locks, touch Controls > Locks > Lock Confirmation Sound.

Model Y does not automatically lock if:
  • You check the Exclude Home checkbox and Model Y is parked at the location you have designated as Home. For details on how to designate a location as Home, see Home, Work, and Favorite Destinations.
  • A phone key or paired key fob is detected inside Model Y.
  • A door or trunk is not fully closed.
  • The phone key's Bluetooth setting is turned off.
  • A phone key remains within range for ten minutes or a key fob remains within range for five minutes after all doors have been closed.
  • The driver does not use the driver door to get out of the vehicle.

Upvote 0