Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car stopped in middle of street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up new MYLR on 6/3. On 6/13 car stopped in middle of street at stop sign. Received 2 strange messages on screen:
1. Regenerative braking reduced
2. Maximum speed reduced
Car would not move, tried screen reset, then complete reset with both scroll buttons depressed, could get nothing. Tried Roadsde service on app-could not get thru because the app could not locate me, although I was only 1.4 miles away from a Service center. Finally got a phone number for roadside assistance from a sales person. Tow truck arrived 1 hour later and took car to service center. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Picked up new MYLR on 6/3. On 6/13 car stopped in middle of street at stop sign. Received 2 strange messages on screen:
2. Maximum speed reduced
Car would not move, tried screen reset, then complete reset with both scroll buttons depressed, could get nothing. Tried Roadsde service on app-could not get thru because the app could not locate me, although I was only 1.4 miles away from a Service center. Finally got a phone number for roadside assistance from a sales person. Tow truck arrived 1 hour later and took car to service center. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
what was the battery percentage?

2. Maximum speed reduced
This just happened to my 1 month old MYP. Tesla Service Advisor was driving my car when it happened 🤣 . They were driving it back from the body shop they use after it got some panel gaps & alignment corrected. They are running tests to determine the issue.

Reactions: Cavity and voxel
This just happened to my 1 month old MYP. Tesla Service Advisor was driving my car when it happened 🤣 . They were driving it back from the body shop they use after it got some panel gaps & alignment corrected. They are running tests to determine the issue.
My car's issue was finally diagnosed. It was the front left body controller. The hardware supplies 12V electricity to the left (front?) of the vehicle. Got the car back two days ago. No issues and I've done a lot of driving. All the panel gaps / panel misalignments were also fixed by the outsource body shop. A few before and after photos and info about the body shop in El Segundo, California (Los Angeles area) can be seen here.

• Informative
Reactions: DanDi58 and cwerdna