Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Vibration Service Fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You posted that you drove 10k miles on tire(s) that had a balance issue. You may very well have flat-spotted one or more tires, which effectively ruins them.

Have Discount Tire (or similar) evaluate tires/wheels. Ask them specifically to spin them PRIOR TO TAKING OFF any weights. This will tell you if they were properly balanced. (FYI, my OEM Atlas/Gemini 19", OEM ContiProContact, are SUPER smooth all the way to 110mph. )

IF it's a tire/wheel problem, proper balancing MIGHT fix the vibration...IF THE TIRE isn't already damaged from 10k miles of abuse. IF it's a bent suspension component, you'll have to follow that up with Tesla.

Reactions: Kee_Chain
You posted that you drove 10k miles on tire(s) that had a balance issue. You may very well have flat-spotted one or more tires, which effectively ruins them.

Have Discount Tire (or similar) evaluate tires/wheels. Ask them specifically to spin them PRIOR TO TAKING OFF any weights. This will tell you if they were properly balanced. (FYI, my OEM Atlas/Gemini 19", OEM ContiProContact, are SUPER smooth all the way to 110mph. )

IF it's a tire/wheel problem, proper balancing MIGHT fix the vibration...IF THE TIRE isn't already damaged from 10k miles of abuse. IF it's a bent suspension component, you'll have to follow that up with Tesla.
Thank you for the reply, I think I am going to go ahead and take your advise, I will let discount tire troubleshoot first. Tesla SC did rebalance all my tires last week but did not tell me if they were unbalanced from the beginning.

r. You most likely won't be charged anything but if you bring in the car with a damaged wheel that shows, for example, you hit a curb or damaged the tire, you may have to pay for the diagnostic fee.
This has been a day one problem I got the car, Tesla kept pushing a diagnostic fee, being how poor Tesla service is. They never mentioned to me that the fees would be waived if they found a problem. If this little detail was mentioned beforehand, I would have not waited 10k miles...
My MY has the same problem. This coming service appointment will be my 3rd time going there to fix a stupid vibration. The technician told me yesterday that it's not on the ticket.

Reactions: Kee_Chain
Kee_Chain: Any update? I hope you're getting your issue solved. Few things are more annoying than tire/wheel vibration.

(FYI, now at 17k miles, OEM ContiProContacts on 19" Apollo wheels continue to impress me with smooth, vibration free service, all the way up to ...ahem...110mph.)

Reactions: PackMan730