Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caraoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When in caraoke mode, the mic doesn't pick up the singing voice. Is this expected behavior or do I have to buy a USB microphone? If just the background music, there are tons in spotify. What's the point of creating a dedicated caraoke mode?

When in caraoke mode, the mic doesn't pick up the singing voice. Is this expected behavior or do I have to buy a USB microphone? If just the background music, there are tons in spotify. What's the point of creating a dedicated caraoke mode?

Yeah that's how it's implemented. The only advantages in caraoke mode are 1) you have the lyrics shown and 2) you can disable the playback of the vocals.

Edit: I don't think they have much choice, as to implement it with the microphone, the microphone would have to have a short range and you'd have to hold it up to your mouth. I don't know where the microphone is but it's nowhere near our mouths. The USB microphone is a good idea maybe tweet it out but I'm almost certain it's not currently implemented.

Last edited:
I keep getting errors when playing any of the three tracks from the Korean Pop group Blackpink. Kind of bummed as those are the songs I would really want to sing... grr.. The Caraoke screen just stays black and the music doesn't start at all for any of the three.. I don't seem to experience this issue with any other song though. If any of you out there can give it a shot and let me know that'll be great!