Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that materials used are good for a vehicle of this price. I think the field of vision is probably best of maybe any car. Reviewers can highlight these positives, but there will still be over half the people who receive this car who will wish they put more detail into the interior.

Actually, the early reviews seems to indicate that the interior is one of the best features of the Model 3, f.e:

Driving Tesla’s Model 3 Changes Everything

New Tesla Model 3 review

Reactions: Lunarx
So yesterday's wood stripe on the side of the Brady Bunch car is tomorrow's vehicle dashboard... great!

Right. Don't you know if you are going to have wood on the dashboard it must be covered by plastic.

Corniche%20II%201988%20JCX21726%20dashb.jpg

Thank you kindly.

Reviewers can highlight these positives, but there will still be over half the people who receive this car who will wish they put more detail into the interior.

I don't believe that would be the case. I reckon only a minority of buyers would want something different.
After all, what other details in the dash do you want if they are all made redundant by the big screen?

I think what most buyers want would be different trim color or trim material, or higher quality materail/fit/finish.

by detail, i don't mean adding buttons or functions. i mean design details. the dash is so linear, and frankly, boring.

I don't believe that would be the case. I reckon only a minority of buyers would want something different.
After all, what other details in the dash do you want if they are all made redundant by the big screen?

I think what most buyers want would be different trim color or trim material, or higher quality materail/fit/finish.

Reactions: jaguar36
not speaking to the top as much as the area you are staring at. there are no curves, no stitching, no layers, no detail to the dash. looks like they just threw a strip of wood on the thing to break up the black.

Most dashes have nothing on top, so are you referring to the wood strip?

What would you want on it for the sake of having something on it?

not speaking to the top as much as the area you are staring at. there are no curves, no stitching, no layers, no detail to the dash. looks like they just threw a strip of wood on the thing to break up the black.
I like the dashboard. Not everyone will. I think that Tesla recognized that the current status quo for dash fashion was unecessary and took a bold step. It is impossible to please everyone.

Reactions: flamingoezz