Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought 2 of those off Amazon for my Red MC S90D and the Blue S90D I traded in. They fit nicely on the S and the weave of the CF is consistent. Beats paying Tesla over a thousand bucks for a spoiler and I like the gloss CF better than the matte. Attaches onto vehicle with 3M double sided tape.

Found a photo of the gloss CF spoiler

Attachments

• IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 1,366
Reactions: P100DHG.
I bought this one from this seller and it's great.... Just don't use the tube of prep goop that comes with it. 3M tape only. It will probably come with some tape already on it, and some extra. Use the extra to add some more to the ends and you will be fine. Lay it out and Mark with painters tape so you install it exactly where you want. I have a white S and it looks great.
20160306_161651.jpg

Reactions: JPUConn
I unboxed my $288 spoiler today. Weave looks amazing, finish is flawless. My brother and I both looked very closely and it looks great so far. It came with plenty of extra 3M tape. My car has not arrived from Tesla yet, I'm anxious to see how it fits. I'll update my review once I install it.

Here it is. If people want more pictures I can post. I didn't install it yet just placed it on the car. Perfect fit. Super great bang for your buck. You might notice I got a 2016 inventory P100D instead. Regardless it looks good for any model

Attachments

• IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Hmm, I looked over the multiple offerings from this vendor, and in the purchaser comments section of Amazon there are
mentions of fiberglass, and also of the ease of cracking it if you apply too much pressure in taping it into place. I'm wondering if this product is truly carbon fiber?

Hmm, I looked over the multiple offerings from this vendor, and in the purchaser comments section of Amazon there are
mentions of fiberglass, and also of the ease of cracking it if you apply too much pressure in taping it into place. I'm wondering if this product is truly carbon fiber?
It's real. I should have taken a picture of the bottom. It was clearly carbon fiber. It also feels and sounds like carbon fiber when you tap it. Sounds like my road bike. It's the real deal.

It contoured to the car perfectly and required no force to apply it. Just a firm press for just the tape. No bending of the the product what so ever.