Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing to worry about is the clear coat/resin. Some of the cheap ones get cloudy with time/sun. I still have a CF trunk on my M3 that got cloudy, so I just painted it body color.
But at this price it can be a disposable feature every few years.

Attachments

• B7E74069-3E0C-4285-87D4-870F34355187.JPG
    B7E74069-3E0C-4285-87D4-870F34355187.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 207
Damn you might be right, Im old, maybe I am losing my mind. Disregard... If I find what I am thinking of, I will post it, otherwise..... I stand corrected.
You're definitely not wrong, I remember a thread where an aftermarket spoiler was leaking some type of fluid after a while.

Edit:
Found that thread
Amazon After market Spoiler Install

Second edit: Yep, it was the included liquid resin that was leaking.
These spoilers don't come with just, it's just a simple 3m double sided tape.

So i bit the bullet and bought the spoiler from Ebay. I was a little reluctant but knowing that the seller was in Dallas, a return wouldn't be a problem. I had already bought the one from Amazon and it was a horrible fit as well as blemishes that made it look cheap. I contacted them and they were nice and sent me a second one for free. Unfortunately, the second one didnt fit right. The left side popped up when pressed down. I installed it anyways. Only after a few days, it had already lifted up. You can read a more thorough discussion about this particular spoiler if you search on my name. The Amazon seller ended up refunding me when I told them i wanted to return it but said to keep them both. I did try to bend one after reading that some people had success heating it up and bending the fiberglass. I had no luck and just threw it away.

So I've been watching other people with this ebay one and received it Friday. First, it was flawless. It looked really really good and the fit wasnt perfect, but I didnt see any real problems. I did add a few extra strips of 3M tape and stuck it on today. It's raining here so I havent had a chance to drive it around and take some pictures. I'm pretty happy about the fit and I think this one is a better choice then the Amazon one.

Btw, do not use any resin any seller gives you. Just clean your area and use extra tape. If it doesnt fit right, it probably should be returned because it will eventually pop up. One other note on the Ebay one. It had some dirt on it and while i was fitting it, the spoiler created lots of scratches where the spoiler sat (from the tape or edge...not sure). I recommend you clean the spoiler thoroughly with some water and paper towel. If I remove the spoiler, I will have to buff out the scratches the spoiler left.

Next project...Plastidip my wheels Anthracite Gray with gloss....

So i bit the bullet and bought the spoiler from Ebay. I was a little reluctant but knowing that the seller was in Dallas, a return wouldn't be a problem. I had already bought the one from Amazon and it was a horrible fit as well as blemishes that made it look cheap. I contacted them and they were nice and sent me a second one for free. Unfortunately, the second one didnt fit right. The left side popped up when pressed down. I installed it anyways. Only after a few days, it had already lifted up. You can read a more thorough discussion about this particular spoiler if you search on my name. The Amazon seller ended up refunding me when I told them i wanted to return it but said to keep them both. I did try to bend one after reading that some people had success heating it up and bending the fiberglass. I had no luck and just threw it away.

So I've been watching other people with this ebay one and received it Friday. First, it was flawless. It looked really really good and the fit wasnt perfect, but I didnt see any real problems. I did add a few extra strips of 3M tape and stuck it on today. It's raining here so I havent had a chance to drive it around and take some pictures. I'm pretty happy about the fit and I think this one is a better choice then the Amazon one.

Btw, do not use any resin any seller gives you. Just clean your area and use extra tape. If it doesnt fit right, it probably should be returned because it will eventually pop up. One other note on the Ebay one. It had some dirt on it and while i was fitting it, the spoiler created lots of scratches where the spoiler sat (from the tape or edge...not sure). I recommend you clean the spoiler thoroughly with some water and paper towel. If I remove the spoiler, I will have to buff out the scratches the spoiler left.

Next project...Plastidip my wheels Anthracite Gray with gloss....

Which one did you order? This one: Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler For Tesla Model S 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 | eBay

Thanks

Never use the glue that comes with them. Only use the double sided tape. The Amazon ones (which I have) come with 2 way tape and glue, throw the glue in the garbage, and use some extra tape (mine came with some extra strip.)

Mine is glossy, but u really like the look of that matte one.