Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's real I should have taken a picture of the bottom. It was clearly carbone fiber. It also feels and sounds like carbon fiber when you tap it. It's the real deal.
Great -- thanks for the confirmation. Hope you enjoy it! I saw that they offer this in both matte and gloss black. I don't find a nice gloss carbon-fiber finish (where you see the fabric weave, as with the T Sportline spoiler posted a bit earlier, and the dash option available from Tesla). That's the one I'd hop for...

Can someone take a picture of the bottom of the eBay one when they get it? I want to see if these replicas are all coming from the same factory and just resold at difference price points...

This picture is from the Ebay ad:

s-l1600.jpg

I forgot to take a photo of the underside of mine but this one was the one under the Ikon Motorsport seller. On the underside I recall embossed part number (don't remember) It was $206 picked up locally and also listed on Amazon. Cheapest price on eBay so far was a listing for $100 from another seller though from China

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 189
If anyone else is interested in a fiber carbon finish, this one might be of interest:
Tesla Model S Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
as it is clear-coated and claims to have reduced UV fading. It is more expensive than the (Chinese?) item on ebay, but the difference might be worth the extra expense?

How do you know their item is not from China too? It certainly sounds like it is from their ad:

At RW Carbon we take the time to quality control every single piece that ships from our warehouse. When you order from many companies online they are shipping a product straight from overseas that has not been quality controlled. By choosing RW Carbon we make the promise to deliver you a consistent, quality product that is shipped from our Southern California location.

So basically you're paying for them to order it from overseas, inspect it ("quality controlled"), and then sell it to you from their warehouse in California. The one on Ebay ships from Texas instead of California for $120 less. I highly doubt the clear coating is any different. I bet they both come from the same source in China.

There's a lot these on ebay now.. I'm looking for a matte black spoiler..

For Tesla S Spoiler Model S Carbon Fiber Rear Boot Lid Spoiler Matt 2012 - 2017 | eBay

About $200 shipped. Good deal.

The one he sold he took an offer so you could probably get it cheaper than the asking price. I just prefer to order from the States vs. China if I have the option. If it's from China it has to go through customs who might open the box and with something like this, that provides an extra step to cause damage. I use a mail service in the States and I live right by the border so I ship everything there and pick it up and drive it through the border myself. Also, the one I ordered yesterday from Texas has already shipped with a tracking number whereas things I order from China can take 6+ weeks to arrive.