Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo cover for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks interesting. I ordered ModelYShelf2 a few days ago ModelYShelf.2. It’s already been shipped. He has been making trunk shelves for EV cars for a while. It is also made of material which blocks / absorbs sound. I went with the carpeted version rather than leatherette (fake leather) since I’d think the leatherette wouldn’t block as much sound from trunk area.
I ordered the one from Amazon. I think the ModelYShelf.2 looks great and is seems to be very well built, but I like the foldable aspect of the Amazon one better than the one-piece design of the ModelYShelf.2 I'll post after it arrives.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I got the Amazon divider in today. The divider itself seems pretty solid. It feels like plywood or particle board with flat felt on the bottom and padding and cloth on the top. The mounting is a little sketchy, however. I'm not sure about the quality of the double sided tape. I think it will be fine after a hot day allows it to soften into shape a little more. The mounts span the upper and lower panels in the trunk so neither will come off without removing the mounts first.

Fully extended.
20220416_162724.jpg

Folded in half:
20220416_162734.jpg

The mount tucks under the seal. The white spots are where a horribly ugly logo plate was. They popped off fairly easily but I'm pretty sure they were superglued on so the residue isn't going to come off. I'll need to find something to put over it. This is my biggest issue with this product.

20220416_162744.jpg

The front of the mount tucks under the seatbelt.

20220416_162756.jpg

I'm not sure about the noise reduction claims as I haven't driven it yet.

--Colin

Reactions: Noflash
Installed the ModelYShelf. Seems to be working well. Feels like there is less intensity to the low boom noises when going over rough roads but doesn’t come close to eliminating those sounds. No way any trunk area cover can.
You're right about the noise. I think between the hard cargo cover, trunk seal mod, noise proofing the trunk, and lowering the tire pressure a bit I've got the road thumping down to a minimum. It's still there, but nowhere near as jarring as it was.

• Informative
Interesting that Y’s from China and Germany have the cover and the US Y does not. Could that be more internal statistics that show those markets are different than the US. I’m sure if American’s don’t want it it saves a few bucks, kind of like the UMC.

Interesting that Y’s from China and Germany have the cover and the US Y does not. Could that be more internal statistics that show those markets are different than the US. I’m sure if American’s don’t want it it saves a few bucks, kind of like the UMC.
I have a china version delivered in March and live in NL.. This one did not come with the cover either..... So not only in the US :)

Looks interesting. I ordered ModelYShelf2 a few days ago ModelYShelf.2. It’s already been shipped. He has been making trunk shelves for EV cars for a while. It is also made of material which blocks / absorbs sound. I went with the carpeted version rather than leatherette (fake leather) since I’d think the leatherette wouldn’t block as much sound from trunk area.

Looks like the same guy who made mods for the Chevy Volts. I bought several of his mods, including the cargo shelf. I think I still have one in my garage. Great guy, great support. He also used to have seconds for a cheaper price.

• Informative
Do U feel the need for a trunk cover in model Y?
Thanks
If you want to improve the utilization rate of the trunk space of Tesla Model Y, you are recommended to purchase a special trunk cargo cover for Model Y. Tesla Model Y trunk cargo cover can not only hide your valuables, but also keep your suitcase clean.

TESERY provides premium Tesla Model Y trunk cargo cover, if you are interested about it, click to learn more details: Retractable Rear Trunk Cargo Cover suitable for Tesla Model Y 2020-202