Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo space with seats up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was wondering why Tesla does not release the data how much space is in the trunk with seats up.

Then it dawned on me that it probably is bigger than the S.

Let's compare it to the BMW X3. It's 63 with seats down and 29 with seats up. The model s is 60 and 26 respectively. The model y is 68 cubic feet with seats down. This leads me to believe the trunk space is also bigger than the S.

On top of this, the model y has much more leg room than the S. I think the S is a bit too long, but the long design is to make it look very sleek and sedan like.

This should help. I did this to figure out dog crates.
1B0DCDA3-C725-4C52-90F9-BD5FCAF9619B.jpeg

This should help. I did this to figure out dog crates. View attachment 560521
This is awesome! I've been measuring mine for a dog crate as well. We want to go with a Variocage, but there's no way we can get one in there that's big enough for our dog without the back seats going down.

Our numbers are very close to yours.

I have a question, the 31" and 33" measurements in blue, what is that exactly? Is that the height from floor to the ceiling? In the middle, I was only getting 28", but we do have a weathermat from Tesmanian, so that may have added a bit of height. With the hatch closed, the glass is closer to 33" at the tallest point, but measuring the shortest point in the middle (the opening) we only got 28"

That’s what I ended up figuring out. I think it can fit 2-3 different models but without one local I am not willing to order knowing I may have to return.

the 31 and 33 are from seat to glass as the door is curved.

I put a 30x24 sideways and it fit really well not touching the seat or glass. So I will put a piece of foam between seat and crate and strap to seat.