Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarPlay & Android Auto Hack - Walkthrough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I don’t think case is the issue: I can access the 9.9.0.1 website from my laptop, and navigate CarPlay & android with no problem.

I believe it’s the MCU1 browser being overwhelmed, and just freezes the page after a few seconds.
I don’t think there is a way to access the debugger of the web browser, or I would provide more information.
Just leave your laptop in the car

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
What features are lost if you don't implement the LTE modem? I don't really care about the premium connectivity features.
Best to ask in this thread since you are talking about the raspberry pi based solution.

Does anyone have tried to use the carlinkit T2C to get wireless carplay?
Now carlinkit has a new separate www page for ordering product if you live in USA & Japan.
The first batch of Carlinkit T2C doesn’t seem to work at all for people in North America. The lte cellular modem inside only works in Europe & parts of Asia. The modem only supports a few bands too which makes connection drop more often than usual. The T2C system was made in such a way that it doesn’t work Unless there is a cellular connection. When lte modem connection is dropped, the CarPlay gui turns off and you need to restart device. Seems like an annoying design.

Here is one customer’s solution feelings about T2C.

The open source project tesla-android based on raspberry pi 4B micro computer doesn’t require a lte modem to work. I use tesla-android and am very happy with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: timeshifter