Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars,faster than a model3 or performace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope and I don’t tend to modify my cars. I know plenty of people love to upgrade, but it’s never been my way. My RC car habit is a different matter! Buy cheap, mod the thing stealthily to hell and annoy my fellow racers! (Just family and friends, not league)

As a hypothetical, if I modded my 3 to be as good around the curves as the 911, why wouldn’t I then just upgrade the 911’s suspension to overtake it again? Arms race. I’d rather save for a 918 (ha, now there’s a dream car!). Or more realistically save for a Roadster/Son of Taycan. In the meantime just enjoy the good stuff that the 3 and 911 already give me.
Then you have two cars that are better than when they were born! I understand where you’re coming from - FWIW I had the same reservations about my P3D- and putting in suspension/wheels/tires/sways and some other bits helped A LOT. Still - no 911 in terms of “feel,” but it definitely makes the car a hell of a lot more fun to drive day-to-day.

Last thing I plan on doing is control arms & bushings from MPP and I’ll be done... or will I?

Reactions: RobRain
I love doing the same in my vette. Deflating egos of ev owners
I've smoked many Vettes in my brief M3P ownership, but I am sure there are some out there with enough aftermarket improvements to give me a run for my money, or even beat me. But I'm sure those Vettes and those aftermarket parts cost way more than my M3P! LOL! And don't think if there wasn't aftermarket performance options for the M3P that we wouldn't be spending the extra money too!