Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cellular Disconnect issue, 8.1 bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped off the Model S for what I though was a issue with the on board Cellular connection.

Daily Dropping 3g and going to E. necessitating a reboot of the MCU to reconnect.

What I though was a simple replace the onboard cellular modem has turned into a 3 day so far car in the SC.

Diagnostic issue being dealt with by Tesla engineering. According to the SC this is 1 of half a dozen cars in with this issue so far.

Place whatever faith you have in the info being given. with no end result in sight.

Anyone else noticed similar issues?

I do not understand what the issue is with all the jargon used. I will explain what has happened to me with my iphone and the connection.

Ten days ago I traveled from home to the Palm Desert area. My plan was to arrive at the Cabazon SC with about 15% SOC and charge up to 50% for my week's stay before returning home. I arrived at Cabazon around 5:30 PM. The standards were not illuminated, and when I plugged in the white charging ring went dark. No juice at 5B. I moved to 3A and the same thing. Total darkness and no charge.

I went to call Tesla to report the issue, and my phone would appear on the touchscreen but it would not dial out. It would not dial any number. I rebooted the car. Nothing. I rebooted the phone. Nothing.

The next morning I had to re-connect the phone, and all as worked OK since.

Oh, and Tesla said that there was nothing wrong at Cabazon once I was able to reach them about an hour later to report the issue.