Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Insert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not impressed easily by aftermarket products but since Tesla doesn’t offer a center console tray I decided to purchased this one from JKCOVER and they aced it.
Purchased on Amazon for only $15 with free delivery for Prime Members.
Great quality, packaged well, just a great deal. I was ready to purchase a different one for $20 (Can’t remember company) but after reading reviews many people complained that it was difficult to remove.
The car really needs one as it’s a black hole without it.
Here’s a picture

Attachments

• CC15FF37-BB5B-451B-9BD5-9CAEC2F58B5A.png
    CC15FF37-BB5B-451B-9BD5-9CAEC2F58B5A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
I purchased a console insert a few months ago that was on sale for $11 on Amazon. Fits nice and I like it. Just checked and the price is $5.98 now w/Prime shipping.

Not sure how they make any money at that price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MJ8WRS9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 436497
Looks like a lot of 3D printers using the same basic design. This is the best price I have seen for one of these. Hopefully options without the coin holder will pop up. Coins and checkbooks are so 1990. Does anyone have one without the coin holder?

Reactions: puckpurnell
I opted for a two-piece solution, a bottom bin (that I use as a trash bin), and a top tray that fits against the bin, with a sunglass tray on the near side and an opening to the trash bin on the far side. Originally got mine through Etsy, but there are several vendors selling this style on Amazon now.

Second choice would be the design with a sunglass tray and a holder for the J1772 adapter.

I’m not impressed easily by aftermarket products but since Tesla doesn’t offer a center console tray I decided to purchased this one from JKCOVER and they aced it.
Purchased on Amazon for only $15 with free delivery for Prime Members.
Great quality, packaged well, just a great deal. I was ready to purchase a different one for $20 (Can’t remember company) but after reading reviews many people complained that it was difficult to remove.
The car really needs one as it’s a black hole without it.
Here’s a picture

That's the same 'flocked' one I ordered yesterday. Glad to hear you're satisfied with it.

Not sure what the differences are between companies but a number of people have complained about a poor fit on some other brands although they all look the same so not sure.
I do agree the coin holder is a total waste of space but hey, for this price all I really wanted was a better spot for my sunglasses and AirPods.

Keep in mind that the others listed here are not “Flocked” which is a nice compliment to the inside of the factory console.
Either way, you’ll never get hurt at these prices...
I decided not to get one with flocking because I was concerned it would wear off and the insert will look ratty along with a bunch of "fur" getting into everything stored in the tray. I agree that these things are so inexpensive that you can always get a replacement if one wears out or if you want to try another one with a different design or materials.

As for the coin holder, don't people "feed the meter" anymore? Not all parking meters take credit cards and even for those that do, if I just need to pop into a store to pick something up, I don't want to pay the minimum charge amount for the meter when I could just drop a coin into the slot for a few minutes' worth of time. Also, if I'm making a small purchase at a store, I'll pay with cash and I'll end up with some change which I'll need to stash somewhere.

Reactions: puckpurnell