Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

center console mess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tescroft

In Musk, we trust.
Aug 23, 2015
Switzerland
The front center console of the X somehow sucks. My stuff gets stuck between the front compartment with the cupholders and the back compartment with the usb plugs. Sunglasses, keys, smartphone, ... the cupholders don't lock nicely and stuff slips under the flap of the back compartment. Its hard to get the stuff out there. You don't reach the stuff when the back flap is closed, and you can't open the back flap fully as stuff is stuck below it.

What are your tipps in this area?

Whats your best practice handling this badly designed tray system?

Do you recommend any accessories improving the mess?

That's not what he's talking about. It's the front console (not the cubby) that's the problem. There is NO separation between the two compartments in the front console. When you close the lid for the rear one, nothing prevents items from sliding forward into the front one. THEN, when you accelerate, those items will slip BENEATH the rear compartment, making them a PAIN to retrieve.
Haven't found anything yet to keep these separate. I was thinking some sort of cloth attached to both the lid & the front of the floor of the rear section, so you could still open/close it. Problem is that I think the cloth could get stuck and interfere with the operation of the lid.
Overall, a pretty poor design choice.

The front center console of the X somehow sucks. My stuff gets stuck between the front compartment with the cupholders and the back compartment with the usb plugs. Sunglasses, keys, smartphone, ... the cupholders don't lock nicely and stuff slips under the flap of the back compartment. Its hard to get the stuff out there. You don't reach the stuff when the back flap is closed, and you can't open the back flap fully as stuff is stuck below it.

What are your tipps in this area?

Whats your best practice handling this badly designed tray system?

Do you recommend any accessories improving the mess?

I mostly agree. Also had problems with a loose credit card sliding on the sliding cover and getting stuck. Un-related, my sliding cover no longer latches forward/open. Must be a part broken I'll have to have the SC deal with on next visit. (Probably when I go in for brake recall replacement)

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I mostly agree. Also had problems with a loose credit card sliding on the sliding cover and getting stuck. Un-related, my sliding cover no longer latches forward/open. Must be a part broken I'll have to have the SC deal with on next visit. (Probably when I go in for brake recall replacement)
How did you get your credit card back? I lost a parking ticket yesterday in that same spot and was unable to retrieve it.

How did you get your credit card back? I lost a parking ticket yesterday in that same spot and was unable to retrieve it.
I pull the side of the console off (it just pops off gently), reach around, and blindly feel for it. It requires sitting on the ground outside, so probably not something to do in a random parking lot. I've gotten better at not losing things in there by throwing stuff like that on the dash instead.