Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console retrofit gone for good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new cars come with a revised and better integrated version of the center console as standard.

The old console for retrofitting to older cars is gone from the webshop. All service centers here in Norway are empty as well.

Any ideas whether the retrofit version is gone for good or if it will be replaced by a new version? The aftermarket consoles are impractical (I need closed storage space, not more cup holders!) and often butt-ugly..

Replacing the whole thing with the newer more integrated part is probably technically possible, but I am pretty sure the cost will make this not a feasible way of doing it..

For "classic" Model S owners, we should anticipate accessories designed for the earlier production cars will eventually disappear.

Though Tesla could do a better job in communicating "end of life" for those accessories. They know which owners would be impacted when the accessories are going to be removed from the store - and could notify the affected owners and warn them about the last opportunity to buy the items before they disappear.

New Center Console Posted to website. It looks like it's the one used in the new cars, but also has rear cupholders!

Tesla — Model S Integrated Center Console
Thanks for posting this link. Unfortunately I have already ordered my Evannex center console. Only benefit is that it is 1/2 the price and I can remove it if necessary. Downside is that most aftermarket items never quite 'fit' as well as something from the car manufacturer.

image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
Thanks for posting this link. Unfortunately I have already ordered my Evannex center console. Only benefit is that it is 1/2 the price and I can remove it if necessary. Downside is that most aftermarket items never quite 'fit' as well as something from the car manufacturer.

Be careful...
I cannot recommend the Evannex console. Purchased the console, 2x cup holder and carbon fiber cubby cap. I received only the console minus the two upgrades and the console looked hinky ...The right side panel of the console was flared out and didn't fit. I contacted Evannex customer service to explained the issue and I even sent pictures. (also let them know I was shorted my 2x cup holder and cubby cap)

I was told that "I should try installing it again." As they have a very good quality control. The console still didn't fit after following the exact step by step instructions stated (AGAIN). I emailed twice more and no response. Returned the console BUT...The worst part...
The defective console damaged my beautiful car. Gashed the leather upright pillar from the yacht floor. I contacted the owner of Evannex and am waiting to hear back. Going to the Tesla Service Center tomorrow to find out how much it will be to repair the damage caused by Evannex CCI.
I am so distraught...I contacted them as soon as it arrived. I sent pictures only to be treated as if I couldn't read instructions and there was no way the console could be defective.
Before and after pics

View attachment 181829 View attachment 181830
Be careful...
I cannot recommend the Evannex console. Purchased the console, 2x cup holder and carbon fiber cubby cap. I received only the console minus the two upgrades and the console looked hinky ...The right side panel of the console was flared out and didn't fit. I contacted Evannex customer service to explain the issue and I even sent pictures. (also let them know I was shorted my 2x cup holder and cubby cap)

I was told that "I should try installing it again." As they have a "very good quality control." The console still didn't fit after following the exact step by step instructions stated (AGAIN). I emailed twice more and no response. Returned the console BUT...The worst part...
The defective console damaged my beautiful car. Gashed the leather upright pillar from the yacht floor. I contacted the owner of Evannex and am waiting to hear back. Going to the Tesla Service Center tomorrow to find out how much it will be to repair the damage caused by Evannex CCI.
I am so distraught...I contacted them as soon as it arrived. I sent pictures only to be treated as if I couldn't read instructions and there was no way the console could be defective.
Before and after pics

View attachment 181829 View attachment 181830 View attachment 181829 View attachment 181830 View attachment 181829 View attachment 181830 View attachment 181829 View attachment 181830

Be careful...
I cannot recommend the Evannex console. Purchased the console, 2x cup holder and carbon fiber cubby cap. I received only the console minus the two upgrades and the console looked hinky ...The right side panel of the console was flared out and didn't fit. I contacted Evannex customer service to explained the issue and I even sent pictures. (also let them know I was shorted my 2x cup holder and cubby cap)

I was told that "I should try installing it again." As they have a very good quality control. The console still didn't fit after following the exact step by step instructions stated (AGAIN). I emailed twice more and no response. Returned the console BUT...The worst part...
Before and after pics

Oh my. I am so sorry that happened to you, and I hope you get a resolution to this problem. Since this product is not manufactured from Tesla, I don't expect flawless perfection - just a temporary fix to a silly issue (not enough driver accessible storage / easy reach cup holders). I will heed your warning and make sure that I monitor the insert so that it doesn't destroy my interior.

I get my console insert on Wednesday and my Tesla on Monday, so I will be sure to post photos of the product and an unbiased review.

Again, sorry for your luck with that product and thank you for your warning / information.

Nikielizabeth,
Please let me know how the CCI works out for you. Similar boat - got my CPO P85+ on 6/4 and want the storage. $1250 seems pricey, but it does give me front & rear cupholders. Considering how much I've put this car in under 3 weeks (cerelux tint last week, xpel later this week, upgraded led lighting, etc), saving $500+ looks promising. Let us know how this looks!

Reactions: nikielizabeth
Nikielizabeth,
Please let me know how the CCI works out for you. Similar boat - got my CPO P85+ on 6/4 and want the storage. $1250 seems pricey, but it does give me front & rear cupholders. Considering how much I've put this car in under 3 weeks (cerelux tint last week, xpel later this week, upgraded led lighting, etc), saving $500+ looks promising. Let us know how this looks!

The fact that the Tesla manufactured console has back cup holders (and would be professionally installed / match) is nice, but I am in the same boat as you with 'extras' that I have already bought and I don't even have the car yet. Shaving off $500+ seemed logical right now for, again, a first world problem. Also, I don't plan on toting around people in the back very often, and if they are back there then they sure as hell won't be drinking anything. :)

I have already looked up numerous reviews on the Evannex console, and it seems as if most have been more than happy with the match and the fit. I am hoping that I am in the same boat. If not, then I will return it, eat the $75, and then hold off until my resolve breaks...and then spend the $1200+ on the Tesla insert. I am hoping it doesn't come to that...my wallet is hoping that it doesn't come to that either.

Evannex has already sent me an email w/ my shipping date for today. I will be sure to post photos on here when I get it. I will also post photos when I have my car and the console inserted.

Crap! I've gotta stop reading this forum.

I've been considering getting either the Evannex console or the Tesla retrofit console. Through this thread I learned that the integrated center console is available, and perhaps the Evannex isn't as good as it could be. So I just ordered the Tesla console and the dual charger, plus the tire repair kit (I was holding off on the last two pending a decision on the console).

Over $3300 out the door because I read this string of posts.

YOU PEOPLE ARE DANGEROUS!!!!

Crap! I've gotta stop reading this forum.

I've been considering getting either the Evannex console or the Tesla retrofit console. Through this thread I learned that the integrated center console is available, and perhaps the Evannex isn't as good as it could be. So I just ordered the Tesla console and the dual charger, plus the tire repair kit (I was holding off on the last two pending a decision on the console).

Over $3300 out the door because I read this string of posts.

YOU PEOPLE ARE DANGEROUS!!!!
I feel your pain. For me it is the 4g LTE (do I really need it??) and the console. I'd better sell my old car quick!