Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console retrofit gone for good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my. I am so sorry that happened to you, and I hope you get a resolution to this problem. Since this product is not manufactured from Tesla, I don't expect flawless perfection - just a temporary fix to a silly issue (not enough driver accessible storage / easy reach cup holders). I will heed your warning and make sure that I monitor the insert so that it doesn't destroy my interior.

I get my console insert on Wednesday and my Tesla on Monday, so I will be sure to post photos of the product and an unbiased review.

Again, sorry for your luck with that product and thank you for your warning / information.
Thanks, DS says nothing can be done about the damage except a fake leather patch job..Sooo the new $1,200 console has been ordered. I'm hopeful it will cover the gashes...and yes I'm going to do the LTE upgrade next month. Maps are slow and Slacker has a hard time loading...The DS mounted the big external ezpass bar in the nosecone for me.. (I drove "sparky boy" 2,200 miles two weeks ago AND didn't know about the windshield blocking my ezpass transponder) So don't feel bad about the splurge..Right after I got my car, I also had my windows tinted with 3M CTX, purchased to full set of "Tesla" floor liners (6 pcs) Two neoprene fob covers from Amazon and the Evannex ....yeah...Anyway...
With my original purchase I did 2 wall connectors, a car cover, The winter wheel and tire package (21" Turbine Grey) and of course tire totes.
I love driving my car ...Only the best for my sparky boy!
BTW, Congratulations on Moday's delivery!! SO EXCITING! You will NOT have a single regret!
Post pictures!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 157
Thanks, DS says nothing can be done about the damage except a fake leather patch job..Sooo the new $1,200 console has been ordered. I'm hopeful it will cover the gashes...and yes I'm going to do the LTE upgrade next month. Maps are slow and Slacker has a hard time loading...The DS mounted the big external ezpass bar in the nosecone for me.. (I drove "sparky boy" 2,200 miles two weeks ago AND didn't know about the windshield blocking my ezpass transponder) So don't feel bad about the splurge..Right after I got my car, I also had my windows tinted with 3M CTX, purchased to full set of "Tesla" floor liners (6 pcs) Two neoprene fob covers from Amazon and the Evannex ....yeah...Anyway...
With my original purchase I did 2 wall connectors, a car cover, The winter wheel and tire package (21" Turbine Grey) and of course tire totes.
I love driving my car ...Only the best for my sparky boy!
BTW, Congratulations on Moday's delivery!! SO EXCITING! You will NOT have a single regret!
Post pictures!

I love your car! It is gorgeous. Again, so incredibly sorry that you had that experience w/ the Evannex console and that nothing could be done. I got the console in the mail yesterday and I have to admit I am leery about putting it in my car now. I will just have to be very careful and not force it if it doesn't fit. If shoddy craftsmanship prevails on this purchase, then I will definitely return it and get the Tesla one.

I read a lot about the ezpass and the issue w/ the windows. I had planned on putting it in the nosecone as well. Not sure if I will do it or have someone do it for me. I am pretty handy and enjoy doing things myself, but I also know that if I ruin anything on Tessie I will drop code and need a straight jacket.

Also, I love the window tint. That is fantastic. I was contemplating the idea, but hadn't picked out a company yet. There is a Norther VA / DC Tesla forum that I will probably tap into for recommendations and have that taken care of shortly after I get her.

Speaking of getting her....I have this horrible, sinking feeling that my date is not going to happen. I emailed the DS last night asking the status - and no response. Mind you my DS has been amazing at responding...so...one of two things is going on: 1. He is REALLY busy and will hopefully get back with me today, or 2. He has realized that delivery will not happen on Monday. While most people would just be bummed, I had to rearrange work travel to make sure that I am available to pick up Tessie - and I was originally quoted this week (21-24) for pick up, with the 27th being the "last ditch effort".

:mad:

We expect to see a picture like this from you:

That is an awesome picture, but I have already requested that they forego the 'celebratory' hand over and we opt for the inspection hand over. I want to inspect the car fully prior to departing. If they think this girl will just swoon at the car w/ the pretty bow, sign papers, and then hand over the money w/o a 360 inspection - they are sorely mistaken.

After I have sufficiently inspected every possible item on the car, then I will drool all over it and call it mine (that's how I landed my husband..) :D

• Funny
Reactions: SD Diver
That is an awesome picture, but I have already requested that they forego the 'celebratory' hand over and we opt for the inspection hand over. I want to inspect the car fully prior to departing. If they think this girl will just swoon at the car w/ the pretty bow, sign papers, and then hand over the money w/o a 360 inspection - they are sorely mistaken.

After I have sufficiently inspected every possible item on the car, then I will drool all over it and call it mine (that's how I landed my husband..) :D
Too funny! I had to laugh at your hotwheels post. I did the same thing - first I bought a red one since I was initially getting a red model S. Then when they dumped a bunch on the CPO site, I switched to a silver P85+. Of course I then had to get the silver hotwheels. Oh - had to get my wife a license plate for her Ford Focus EV that says "My other car is a Tesla". Goes well with her license plate that is WE❤️0GAS.

• Funny
Reactions: nikielizabeth
I love your car! It is gorgeous. Again, so incredibly sorry that you had that experience w/ the Evannex console and that nothing could be done. I got the console in the mail yesterday and I have to admit I am leery about putting it in my car now. I will just have to be very careful and not force it if it doesn't fit. If shoddy craftsmanship prevails on this purchase, then I will definitely return it and get the Tesla one.

I read a lot about the ezpass and the issue w/ the windows. I had planned on putting it in the nosecone as well. Not sure if I will do it or have someone do it for me. I am pretty handy and enjoy doing things myself, but I also know that if I ruin anything on Tessie I will drop code and need a straight jacket.

Also, I love the window tint. That is fantastic. I was contemplating the idea, but hadn't picked out a company yet. There is a Norther VA / DC Tesla forum that I will probably tap into for recommendations and have that taken care of shortly after I get her.

Speaking of getting her....I have this horrible, sinking feeling that my date is not going to happen. I emailed the DS last night asking the status - and no response. Mind you my DS has been amazing at responding...so...one of two things is going on: 1. He is REALLY busy and will hopefully get back with me today, or 2. He has realized that delivery will not happen on Monday. While most people would just be bummed, I had to rearrange work travel to make sure that I am available to pick up Tessie - and I was originally quoted this week (21-24) for pick up, with the 27th being the "last ditch effort".

:mad:
Have you heard from your DS guy with an update? Hoping Monday is your day. Funny story...The first night with sparky boy home. 11pm, I went into the garage, sat in my car for like 2 hours...reading the on screen manual and turning all the Easter Eggs on. Obsessed? Heck Ya! Sending Good Gris Gris that Tessie will arrive on time as promised!

The new cars come with a revised and better integrated version of the center console as standard.

The old console for retrofitting to older cars is gone from the webshop. All service centers here in Norway are empty as well.

Any ideas whether the retrofit version is gone for good or if it will be replaced by a new version? The aftermarket consoles are impractical (I need closed storage space, not more cup holders!) and often butt-ugly..

Replacing the whole thing with the newer more integrated part is probably technically possible, but I am pretty sure the cost will make this not a feasible way of doing it..

Tesla UK are quoting £995.00 in vat and fitting from the new centre console as a retro fit for older model S models. It is a dealer only fitted option and includes two new cup holders for the rear passengers.

Pictures?

Here it is installed. Don't want to take it out to get more photos. I am very happy with it. The lighting makes it seem (in the pic) that the leather doesn't match - but it does. My OCD would have flipped and I would have sent it back had it not. The ONLY complaint I have is that it hugs your drink so well that it is sometimes difficult to get it out of the holder.

Overall, I am very happy with this.

Attachments

• IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 112
That does look pretty good! Thanks for posting pictures. My brother made me think twice when he said, "you want to pay how much for a drink holder??" LOL
Ha - my wife gave me a whiskey tango foxtrot on it. Question for Niki - does the "role desk" opening mechanism seem sturdy - will it take repeated open/close cycles (my switching between prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses twice daily)? That's my biggest concern. Would love to save $600 that could go to other toys...

Reactions: nikielizabeth
Ha - my wife gave me a whiskey tango foxtrot on it. Question for Niki - does the "role desk" opening mechanism seem sturdy - will it take repeated open/close cycles (my switching between prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses twice daily)? That's my biggest concern. Would love to save $600 that could go to other toys...

I have only had it for 2 days, but it seems very sturdy (for what it is) to me. I am really happy with the product and it doesn't feel out of place at all (styling/quality). It wasn't a hard install, so there are things that are not going to be 100% perfect - like it would for the Tesla installed option. It aligns pretty damn close, but it isn't 100%. If it was 100% then there would be pieces that needed to be removed to have that put into place. It is a bit tricky to get it in (if you're being super careful like I was), but after you shimmy it in, it seats itself and it stays put.

After a few days of use I would still buy it all over again. Very happy with the product.

Reactions: SD Diver