Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console Wood Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest tracking of our order indicates delivery this coming Tuesday. My wife is so excited for her purple heart center console covers.

We also ordered matching dashboard covers but the CEO says they haven’t figured out how to make them and ship them, yet. So, we have another shipment to get excited about someday.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
The latest tracking of our order indicates delivery this coming Tuesday. My wife is so excited for her purple heart center console covers.

We also ordered matching dashboard covers but the CEO says they haven’t figured out how to make them and ship them, yet. So, we have another shipment to get excited about someday.
Cool, DHL is transferring my shipment to USPS, so I'm also scheduled for Tuesday delivery. The dashboard covers must be difficult due to the size and shape to make and ship. The ends have to wrap around, and stay in shape. Alot harder than the small, flattish pieces of the center console.

Well, the Hillsmade wood trim arrived today. I don't have time at the moment to install it, as it's only 50F, today. I'd like to install it on a warm 70F day, to make sure the tape adheres well. Here are some pics of the 1/8th" walnut veneer:
4 pieces
IMG_0205.jpeg

flipped over showing the adhesive
IMG_0206.jpeg

closeup of the cup holder piece.
IMG_0209.jpeg

As you can see, the grain is nice and horizontal matching the direction of the walnut dash trim piece.

Apparently, not a scam after all! Yay!

Last edited:
Well, the Hillsmade wood trim arrived today. I don't have time at the moment to install it, as it's only 50F, today. I'd like to install it on a warm 70F day, to make sure the tape adheres well. Here are some pics of the 1/8th" walnut veneer:
4 pieces
View attachment 653213
flipped over showing the adhesive
View attachment 653215
closeup of the cup holder piece.
View attachment 653214
As you can see, the grain is nice and horizontal matching the direction of the walnut dash trim piece.
Thanks for the pictures. Our two sets are “out for delivery” this afternoon.

Looks that way.

Here are our installs:
View attachment 653338

View attachment 653339

Another important tip: That adhesive is NOT repositionable! Once it grabs, it’s stuck. Be careful and go slow as you line up the panels.
Nice! Ask me how I know. That little strip at the top, I installed last, and it's a little off, left side too high, but I couldn't pull it off and reposition it. Since, I can't see it, I just left it as is.

I'm really pleased with it. It's exactly as I had hoped. $149 shipped, is well worth it to me. Feels great, like how wood should feel, and it'll be loads more durable, and dirt, scratch and smudge resistant, than the original gloss finish or the vinyl wrap I had on there. This seems like how it should have been from the factory.

Nice! Ask me how I know. That little strip at the top, I installed last, and it's a little off, left side too high, but I couldn't pull it off and reposition it. Since, I can't see it, I just left it as is.

I'm really pleased with it. It's exactly as I had hoped. $149 shipped, is well worth it to me. Feels great, like how wood should feel, and it'll be loads more durable, and dirt, scratch and smudge resistant, than the original gloss finish or the vinyl wrap I had on there. This seems like how it should have been from the factory.

We are also pleased. The look and feel is a big step up!

We hope the dash covers become real, soon.

A day later, and I'm even happier with the wood console trim. I think of all the numerous accessories I've purchased, this one is the best. Just completes the interior, especially since the center console's glossy finish was a total mistake.

Reactions: adayley
A day later, and I'm even happier with the wood console trim. I think of all the numerous accessories I've purchased, this one is the best. Just completes the interior, especially since the center console's glossy finish was a total mistake.
I'll never understand what possessed them to spec gloss black trim in the first place...:rolleyes:

Reactions: TBrownTX and KenC
Dashboard covers still not here. But, the CEO emailed to say that my order was cut last week and should ship in about two weeks.
It has been quite the wait!
I may be missing something, but isn't the dash already wood? Are the people who are ordering the dash covers just changing the color/wood species or are people actually buying walnut dash covers that look almost identical to the stock dashes?

I may be missing something, but isn't the dash already wood? Are the people who are ordering the dash covers just changing the color/wood species or are people actually buying walnut dash covers that look almost identical to the stock dashes.
Yes, the dash is already wood. In the case of my wife, she loves the color purple. We got the purple heart wood center console covers and wants the dash to match.

I’m among the somewhat silly people that got the walnut wood covers. Why? Because I wanted the wood center console and, well, the dash should match more, even if it already almost matched.