Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console wrap

Preferred console wrap

• Evwrap

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Rpmtesla wrap

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Evwraps matrix black on my new modelY and and super pleased and it was pretty easy to install, just follow the YouTube video instructions.
IMG_9080.jpg

Not sure why RPM tesla versions are so much more expensive that the chinese ones that you can get for $30- $40 from amazon (or aliexpress). I'm sure the RPM tesla ones are made in china too.

I tried a carbon fiber (gloss) and carbon fiber (matte) but....it just looks cheap. I think doing flat black matte would be fine if matte is the look you are going for...but carbon fiber...nope.

Basically the carbon fiber pattern on the ABS plastic covers just doesn't look right...looks really fake. But it was super easy to install!

I went ahead and bought EV wraps carbon fiber and brushed black metal to see how they look and will report back.

Interesting! I wrapped my M3 but I like the idea of something of higher quality - any pic's of your install?
Now I do, and I learned something taking the pics. :( I assumed the finish was actually part of the plastic, that it was molded that way. Nope. It's some type of finish on top of the plastic. I found this out when I wiped off the console to take pics with the same alcohol pad I just cleaned my display with. The alcohol reacted with the finish. It's bad enough that I'll replace the piece. They really should come with a warning. Anyways, consider yourselves warned.
20200606_092155.jpg
20200606_092053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycha2
Now I do, and I learned something taking the pics. :( I assumed the finish was actually part of the plastic, that it was molded that way. Nope. It's some type of finish on top of the plastic. I found this out when I wiped off the console to take pics with the same alcohol pad I just cleaned my display with. The alcohol reacted with the finish. It's bad enough that I'll replace the piece. They really should come with a warning. Anyways, consider yourselves warned.View attachment 548874View attachment 548877
Ahh, nice thanks - sucks about the finish though...

Reactions: Twinmom425
With regard to the difference between RPM Tesla's product and the other, apples vs oranges, RPM Tesla's is not a wrap all the others are wraps.

Read the description and watch the video for RPM Tesla. I do think they have wraps in the price range though, the link and $79 one is not a wrap but a plastic cover.

With regard to the difference between RPM Tesla's product and the other, apples vs oranges, RPM Tesla's is not a wrap all the others are wraps.

Read the description and watch the video for RPM Tesla. I do think they have wraps in the price range though, the link and $79 one is not a wrap but a plastic cover.
Thats a great point. Wondering which one last longer? Plastic or vinyl wrap ?

I realize this thread is focused on black matte console wraps and plastic covers, but in case any readers are interested in a carbon fiber plastic cover, I bought these at Abstract Ocean and think they look great in my MY. In general, plastic covers are much easier to install than wraps, but also much more expensive.
Center Console Shell for Model 3 & Y

According to the website, they’re currently sold out but will be available again later in June. Feel free to use this link for $10 off any $50 order: Accessorize your Tesla!

I realize this thread is focused on black matte console wraps and plastic covers, but in case any readers are interested in a carbon fiber plastic cover, I bought these at Abstract Ocean and think they look great in my MY. In general, plastic covers are much easier to install than wraps, but also much more expensive.
Center Console Shell for Model 3 & Y

According to the website, they’re currently sold out but will be available again later in June. Feel free to use this link for $10 off any $50 order: Accessorize your Tesla!

The ones from abstract ocean look just like the chinese ones for $30-$40. I doubt they are made somewhere else.

I just installed Nikola Pro's and it was super easy especially with the video. I Installed the chrome delete on my 3 plus a center console wrap. i vouch for them. Plus I hear if you mess up on one piece he will send you one, but I havent use that service yet.