TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Centre console - piano black

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tevvy, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Tevvy

Tevvy Member

Hi all. So I can't believe how easily this centre console cover scratches.

I swear it scratches if you just breath on it.

Anyway, I've decided to get it wrapped. But what to go for? Carbon fibre seems the most obvious but I wondered if anyone else had done anything different?

Also, is it going to look daft when the front dash is still in piano black?

• Informative x 1
  2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

What is your interior color?

3. Tevvy

Tevvy Member

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

A brushed matte black or carbon will look good ..

5. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

I'm looking to do the same. @Tevvy - are you going to be buying something pre-cut to wrap it? If so, can you share a link?

6. vraev

vraev Member

YES!!! OMG! I thought it was just mine. I thought mine had some issues with the mechanism that makes it scratch on the inside when the cover slides into the console back. It is crazy scratched.

7. Drlev

Drlev Member

I recently had my dark ash trim (which is basically piano black, and equally, maddeningly, scratch-prone) replaced with the OEM carbon fiber, which doesn’t scratch. Depending on how much of an OCD stickler you are, this is something you could pursue with your service center. Mine was replaced under goodwill (very long story) but I’ve seen varying cost estimates for replacement ranging from $800-$1700. Good luck.

8. Tevvy

Tevvy Member

I’m going to get it hydro dripped in dark carbon. I’ll share before and after photos later this week.