Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Certified Powerwall installers in SoCal area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been calling around. I cannot find anyone that will install a PowerWall at my cabin. There is an SGIP program for people like me affected by the California PSPS in the Wild Fire areas.

Everyone that has responded has said they only know how to discount the PowerWall as part of a solar install, but living in the forest as I do I get no sun, it actually sets behind the mountain pretty early. As soon as they hear they will not be able to sell me any solar they hang up. Stop responding to emails.

It's like I don't know the secret knock. I am in NorCal, but I am just curious if anyone knows what is going on, probably the same in SoCal as here.

Spoke to another installer today who said that SGIP is out of funds and they will not work with anyone until there are more funds. He spoke of a waitlist but no info on how to get on a list. He suggests that funds are never coming back.

Sorry for the long lapse time posting....

Here is my situation and why I was looking to see what installers could help.

I already have one power installed (couple of years back via SGIP) and am now looking to have a second referral one added. I can likely handle the permitting and even maybe install myself (since I work for a solar company), however we are not certified for powerwalls, and I don't want to pay somebody else extortionate fees to add on the second one.

I've even tried to go the route to see if my company can become authorized, however Tesla does not seem to want to respond to our requests.

So I want to see what my options would be and if there is anyone local who can help?

Thanks