Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cete Automotive Active Suspension Control for Model S (smart air suspension)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like a pretty simple setup. With the cost being a third of the Cete system I figured I'd give the Cete setup a shot for the additional functionality. I'll probably end up building a "drop box" instead though since I have a couple of valve manifolds lying around. And I have a wifi switch I'll use so that I can control it from my phone instead of having to carry around a remote. Thanks for the info though.

I'm curious, Vegar. How long does it take your compressor to refill your air tank after a few drops? Or does it need to refill after each drop?
Compressor has to run for quite a bit each time. It's pretty quick to lift it if you have lowering links so you don't really have to wait too long until you can drive. It will run for a while to refill the res and be happy with the level.

Compressor has to run for quite a bit each time. It's pretty quick to lift it if you have lowering links so you don't really have to wait too long until you can drive. It will run for a while to refill the res and be happy with the level.
That's what I thought. I'm going to mess around with the system a bit in the next few weeks and will probably add an additional tank and compressor to help the stock one out. I'm sure the stock compressor wasn't meant for this duty cycle and I have better stuff lying around. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again for the feedback though. You've been a big help. :)

I still have all of the parts left from my last build (2015 S85D) and I'll be attempting to incorporate that old setup with Tesla's smart air on a 2021+. It's going to be interesting. :)
20220618_123955.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cmarshack
Got DropX dropbox instead. Works fantastic with remote
Also, Vegar. I hope you realize that what you have with your Dropbox should be a basic 433mHz remote. You can program the Homelink in your car to operate it. (I just verified that with one of my old remote systems.) But things won't work the way you want "yet", because Homelink is just a toggling signal and your Dropbox operates off of a momentary switch... you have to continuously press the remote button in order to lower the car. No worries though, I'm working on a "delayed off" relay that will allow us to tap jack mode, then Homelink and power will go to the Dropbox for a preset number of seconds to allow the car to drop fully. Give me a few weeks to work on it. I just got the car and haven't realluy started surgery on it yet. :):)

• Love
Reactions: VegarHenriksen
Hi, Vegar. Quick update... I finally figured out the timer potion of my upcoming Dump Project. I plan to use one of my Homelink switches to trip a timed relay that will hold the valve open for X number of seconds. (I'm using the Drok 12V Timer Delay Relay which can be programmed for 0.01 to 999 secs, see Amazon for $17.) That way I'll be able to just tap Jack Mode, then Homelink #3 and hop out of the car. I won't need to stand there holding a dump button. Also, I won't be using the Dump Box because I have so many air ride and remote parts I can build my own. I just needed to order 4mm and 6mm tees; which, I now have.

It appears the Dump Box has at least one switch on it (besides the remote). Is this true? If so, is it a momentary switch that operates just as the remote does ... as in, hold the button in to open the valves to allow the car to dump? I'm trying to figure out how to adapt this timer setup to the Dump Box, but if the button on the Dump Box works the way I assume, you may need the timer noted above plus another "remote" 12 volt relay (probably another ~$15) to operate the above timer. If it's something you'd be interested in, I'll need to see a pic of the inside of your Dump Box (if possible) and I'd be able to tell you what parts you need.

I'll keep you updated on my project. :)

Sounds like a cool project. The dump-box doesn't have any buttons or switches. It is all done through the remote
Done!

I installed an air manifold and set up my 3rd Homelink button to lower the car with a 25 second relay timer. 25 secs seems to be enough time to dump enough air to slam the rear which takes longer... since it's seemingly lighter than the front. In the future I may install a couple of slowdown valves on the front valves of "my" manifold so that the car drops at the same speed all of the way around. We'll see. Maybe after I tidy things up in my frunk. Anyway, now I can tap Jack Mode then Body Drop and walk away. ;);)

I also still plan to install one of my aluminum air tanks and a separate compressor in the rear footwell so that the car is always ready to lift and I don't have to wait for the factory compressor to do the job and to avoid causing any more wear and tear on it than I am already. :)

( Separate subject: I wish we could set up more than 3 Homelink buttons. I'd use it for ALL of my switching needs to keep from having to install switches anywhere in the car. Currently, I'm using a 6-channel remote relay module to handle toggle switching tasks. :) )

20240131_142234.jpg

• Love
Reactions: VegarHenriksen