Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CH09 Option Code - Has anyone figured out exactly what it means?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes CH codes have been charging codes. Isn't CH07 the 40A on board charging code for the 3? Funny that ch08 is the image filename (not option code) for the Chinese dual charge port.

Teardowns have shown that the 3 had thicker internal DC supercharging cables than the S/X. I wonder if those cables on the S/X would change before new S/X battery upgrades that could reach v3 supercharging maximum rates.

Last edited:
I also have the CH09 option code (Finland) but it will still take around 2 months for my S to arrive. Would be interested in hearing whether new orders in the USA have this code or whether it's specific for Europe. If it's limited to Europe, I would also guess CSS.

CH09 is the new charging controller that can speak CCS. So you only need the adapter to connect to a CCS charger, no other modification needed on the car.

Tesla announced that
“All Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles produced after May 1, 2019 have the technical capability to charge at CCS Combo 2 charging sites with the use of a CCS Combo 2 adapter.”

My Model S was produced in the first half of April but has the CH09 option code. So I hope that you are right and I don't need the CCS retrofit but Tesla's announcement makes it seem like I do. The car is still on a ship to Europe.