Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO Adapter Share/Rent in BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I know some places (e.g. Ontario) have Tesla clubs that you can share adapters through. The CHAdeMO adapter does provide a lot more opportunity for navigating around BC despite everyone's complaints that it's not CCS and it's not cheap.

However, yes, it is not cheap. Does anyone know of any CHAdeMO adapters up for share/rent in BC?

Maybe I should seed this, but I'm in Vernon so not the best hub but good for some.

Are there any precedents out there for how to handle this? Legal docs for theft, damage, etc.? Would people be OK with providing their driver's license and signing a waiver w/ an agreed rate? What's a reasonable $/day rate?

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Old thread bump, but for good reason. We forked out the cash for a CHAdeMO adapter and would be willing to share it for a small fee when we're not using it (which is most of the year). Please PM me if ever interested. The adapter resides in Vernon, BC.

Maybe I should seed this, but I'm in Vernon so not the best hub but good for some.

Are there any precedents out there for how to handle this? Legal docs for theft, damage, etc.? Would people be OK with providing their driver's license and signing a waiver w/ an agreed rate? What's a reasonable $/day rate?
Did you find useful documents for doing rentals of your CHAdeMO adaptor? I have one in the Duncan area of Vancouver Island that I could rent out.

Hey camalaio,

I'm planning to take a trip to Vernon at the end of August and am considering whether to take the Model 3. Unfortunately, the closest Supercharger to Vernon is in Kelowna, making the stay in Vernon less than convenient :(

Anyways, I was wondering what your rate is to rent your adapter. Feel free to PM me as well (it seems I can't PM since this I recently created this account).

Thanks!

For everyone asking about my adapter specifically:

Most have PM'd me. None have gone through with getting it, many times because there's a cheaper or free adapter to be found locally (especially if coming from the Vancouver area) or because picking it up would be inconvenient. As a result I'm still trying to figure out fair pricing.

@jerr I will PM you. But Vernon should be very convenient still; even with an SR+ (not the Long Range), you should be able to arrive with at least 70% after charging in Kelowna. There's a free Level 2 public charger in Vernon as well, walking distance from most stuff downtown. Two spots, at least one is normally free. If you're in a pinch I can offer my 240V plug.

I have a chademo adapter that I'm rarely using lately because of the Covid.

If anyone is looking to rent one for the summer, PM me.

I'm in South Surrey/White Rock and we can meet at the SS chademo to test out that it's indeed working.

I recently rented it to a friend of a friend and the way we did it was he gave me the rent+$600 deposit (basically the pre-tax price of the chademo), and upon returning, I'd give him back that deposit. I thought it's fair as there's no other reliable way to charge for a deposit, but I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
H
I will have one in Victoria starting in December.

Maybe the OP can edit the original post and add avail adapters with cities in the original post.
Hello! I'm looking for a chademo adapter to rent later this month, August 2021. Also located in Victoria. Did you end up getting one and if so, any chance you'd be willing to rent it to me for a few days?