Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Southern California with an old CHAdeMO adapter just gathering dust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I'm finding myself in a frustrating situation in which, for stupid logistical reasons, I can't get the charge port on my 2017 MS 100D updated to support the DCFS adapter at this time, nor will I have a home charger installed for another 3-4 months (waiting for particular incentives to come through), and live a half mile from free DCFS+CHAdeMO chargers. Does anyone have an old CHAdeMO adapter they aren't using anymore that they could lend out for a few months? Would gladly give any guarantees necessary that it would come back to you... It's just a temporary stopgap measure until I get my EVSE situation sorted and would only need to borrow it until early or mid summer, and would be super grateful! I'm in the LA area and can of course drive significant distances to come to you - I thought it was worth a shot to ask :) Thanks for reading, if you made it this far!

Hi all! I'm finding myself in a frustrating situation in which, for stupid logistical reasons, I can't get the charge port on my 2017 MS 100D updated to support the DCFS adapter at this time, nor will I have a home charger installed for another 3-4 months (waiting for particular incentives to come through), and live a half mile from free DCFS+CHAdeMO chargers. Does anyone have an old CHAdeMO adapter they aren't using anymore that they could lend out for a few months? Would gladly give any guarantees necessary that it would come back to you... It's just a temporary stopgap measure until I get my EVSE situation sorted and would only need to borrow it until early or mid summer, and would be super grateful! I'm in the LA area and can of course drive significant distances to come to you - I thought it was worth a shot to ask :) Thanks for reading, if you made it this far!
Gonna be tough to lend out something that was paid for $500 new. Have you considered buying one and sell it when you are done with it in a few months??

There are many places in LA that you can get free chademo juice on. Might as well just buy one. Mine Chademo adopter has paid itself off within 5 months.

Just saying,

beewang

Reactions: KJD
I did consider that, but the market for resale seems to be saturated, and even the lower-priced ones I have spotted keep getting relisted without selling. I think people have either switched over to DCFS or enough superchargers have sprouted up that they are not needed much anymore (and of course, networks like EVgo have started wiring Tesla plugs into the CHAdeMO sides of their EVSEs).

That said, a fantastic person has reached out privately and offered to help out - TMC is such an amazing community and knowledge repository, it keeps blowing my mind!

• Love
Reactions: kishkaru