Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO to CCS Adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just though you guys might like to look at this. Obviously not directly Tesla related, but would be a good excuse for charging network operators to stop putting CHAdeMO plugs on stalls!

This is quite amazing because only a few months ago when I looked at whether such a thing existed, they did not. While CHAdeMO to CCS2 adaptors exist (and are quite expensive) it is much, much more complicated to go the other way, and as mentioned in this video, they also need a battery to work. So in the past no-one bothered to do it.

But now it appears a few Chinese companies are on the case, and this is the first one to be made commercially available. The catch - these are even more expensive than the reverse adaptors, and currently you have to buy a minimum of 2 units. Yours for only approx AUD 1600 each 😄.

I won’t be getting one for my LEAF… getting a Type 2 to Type 1 adaptor was as much excitement as I could cope with 😄