Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change car's Bluetooth name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have two Tesla Model 3s. It would be nice to know which car's Bluetooth I am connected to instead of just "Tesla Model 3"... I realize I can change the name of the Bluetooth device in the phone directly; however, is there a way for my car to adopt the name I gave it as its Bluetooth name too?

Pretty sure this is a fixed firmware thing and they didn’t think of people with two of the same car. :D
We have two Tesla Model 3s. It would be nice to know which car's Bluetooth I am connected to instead of just "Tesla Model 3"... I realize I can change the name of the Bluetooth device in the phone directly; however, is there a way for my car to adopt the name I gave it as its Bluetooth name too?

So it's been rumored that Mr Musk has responded favorably to unique ideas improving the ownership experience that he can achieve via software fixes...via Twitter and such. Ideas like easy entry and dogmode, are two that come to mind. If I were you I would post this idea to him on Twitter. Make perfect sense to name your blue tooth or make it match your car's name.

Dzm

My Bluetooth used to be named the same as my car name… Then it disconnected one day and I couldn’t connect it. Now I finally got it re connected but the BT name is Tesla ##### and part of my Vin number?.! What’s up with that?

Car's name showing up in a BT name seems possible. Picked up a loaner yesterday and "Loaner" was already in the BT name. Not sure if the BT naming convention is directly related to the car's name or if it's another configurable variable. Guess I could try changing the car's name. 🤔

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.37.52 AM.png