Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change from alcantara to cloth on PUP???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen on eBay:
2017 Tesla Model 3 Primum Upgrade Package | eBay
Ebay bidders and Tesla fans, up for sale is a very "Limited Edition" one of a kind unique 2017 Tesla Model 3 that I took delivery of on 12/30/17 and is furnished with "Alcantara" a suede like and feel premium material on door trim panels, headliner, sun-visors and inner posts trim covers, which now has been discontinued by Tesla and been replaced with a regular textile material.
* Premium upgrade package. (Limited Alcantara interior)
NOTE: This Tesla Model 3 has a VIN# of 2426 which means it is one of the few later build vehicles with better build quality and finish.

"One of a kind"?
"Unique"?

It's neither of those things.
Perhaps he is referring to the very rare “Primum” package he lists in the description, not to be confused with the ordinary Premium package.

In addition to those rare Alcantara skins, it also features:

Open Pour Decor-only the best Scotch and Vodka;
Fugue lights-when you want to lose yourself in the moment;
Auto folding 15” display-an extra security feature, and
Tinted Gas roof-only the finest Argon used.
:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: pdxgibby
A lot of lying and false advertising going on there... First, Tesla objected to calling their material Alcantara, b/c it's obviously a cheaper knock-off. Second, vehicles with suede headliner and fabric visors are obviously more unique than all-suede. Third, "better build quality"? It will only get better. Someone needs to sue this seller.

A lot of lying and false advertising going on there... First, Tesla objected to calling their material Alcantara, b/c it's obviously a cheaper knock-off. Second, vehicles with suede headliner and fabric visors are obviously more unique than all-suede. Third, "better build quality"? It will only get better. Someone needs to sue this seller.

Agree. But they asked for the "alcantara" bit.

Definitely not a fan of the new "premium textile", already having pieces replaced. I expect to have more replacements as time goes on, just very fragile. Not anything like the quality of the "premium textile" in my Audi. Also, I can see the glue/metal bars around the front window because the A pillar trim pieces don't cover all the way.

Definitely not a fan of the new "premium textile", already having pieces replaced. I expect to have more replacements as time goes on, just very fragile. Not anything like the quality of the "premium textile" in my Audi. Also, I can see the glue/metal bars around the front window because the A pillar trim pieces don't cover all the way.

Pictures?

Reactions: insaneoctane

So wait, this guy uses alcantara in quotes to describe what the material is like and should be sued but Tesla shows us actual pictures of it while ordering and is totally innocent? Where are you barred? You should return all your clients' money.

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Tesla shows us actual pictures of it
Tesla didn't say "Alcantara", so it can't be sued for Alcantara. You can try suing them for ultra-suede.
But from what I understand, they worked out some deals with those unhappy, who already placed $2.5K deposit before the switch. The rest of us just get to feel upset and have an option to get $1k back. Unfortunately, we haven't paid yet for the "Alcantara" to be able to sue.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla didn't say "Alcantara", so it can't be sued for Alcantara. You can try suing them for ultra-suede.
But from what I understand, they worked out some deals with those unhappy, who already placed $2.5K deposit before the switch. The rest of us just get to feel upset and have an option to get $1k back. Unfortunately, we haven't paid yet for the "Alcantara" to be able to sue.

This guy didn;t say it had Alcantara either. He used it in quotes as an adjective. I am merely saying that the logic is flawed when you think you have a cause of action for an ebay ad from a person not in the business of selling cars but Tesla, who is, is totally without fault. Go look up some UCC regs on whether your COA is harder against a manufacturer or individual who does not normally sell cars.

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger

What deals? I paid the additional $2.5K to configure before Tesla deleted the Alcantara like material. They haven't offered me anything (just complete silence on this issue from them) and I have repeatedly asked for either the Alcantara like material to be retrofitted into the car, or to reduce the price I paid for the PUP package, or make some other concession, such as, for example, include a free HPWC or waive the $1k additional fee for adding FSD after delivery of the car (this doesn't really cost Tesla anything as they would still get the $3K cost for FSD, assuming FSD ever gets released).

The interior upgrades to the Model S with the Alcantara headliner was a main reason I ordered the P version of my Model S (and had Tesla retrofit it in my second Model S when it was delivered with a textile headliner, even after they offered me a cash discount to accept the incorrect textile headliner. I've now received my email to configure my second Model 3 reservation and I have told Tesla personal I am deferring that vehicle until such time as the Alcantara headliner is again available for the Model 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.