Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in vampire draw with 18.44-641a....., version 9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On V-8, the typical vampire draw was between 2 and 3 miles per 24 hours of sitting. Since V-9 was downloaded about a month ago, the vampire draw has jumped to about 9 miles lost per 24 hours. The car is always plugged in with battery level set to about 257 miles/about 87%. It generally recharges when the battery reaches about 247 miles/84%. The battery parameters for V8 and V9 are unchanged as far as I can tell. Precondition is off. Unless I am in the car, the fob is well away from the car, two floors and about 100 feet. The car is set for Range and "always" connected, no changes between the two versions.

All that I can think of is that version 9-18.44.... is triggering something to draw juice. This is a late September MX, 2017 therefore has SW 2.0+. I have yet to set the car up for recording from the forward camera. Has anyone else experienced an increase in vampire draw with version 9?

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for your comments.

I'm in Florida (its rarely cold here)and since they installed Version 9 in my AP-1 car things are very different indeed from November 2018.

Vampire drain is 5-8 miles of range per day at work. Prior only during the summer(cooling cabin)would I see this drain. I call cooling drain normal.

When I picked up my car from 25k service it had lost 6-7 miles of range under full charge also.

So I am now down to 8% Degrade if thats what it is? I don't think thats what it is. They dial down the range. Why they would do that? Battery warranty issues perhaps to protect the battery.

I had Arachnids installed knowing prior to service there would be some range issues on top of all of it now.

So, dare I say its version 9 that is the big change here and with U/I changes etc its not a pretty picture either. Other than standard 25k service it was the only other thing they did besides the new rims and tires. Version 9.